Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
newbee747

Post by newbee747 »

Hello!
New member here. I live in Italy.
Couple month ago I bought on ebay an video doorbell AD410 from Portugal.
Right away I noticed that the image is a little bit foggy but I thought that is solvable.
I tried cleaning with a soft cloth and seems like the moist is inside the lens.
I have no warranty from the seller so I opened it up and I unscrewed the lens to clean it.
I know that I mess up the focus position but at that point I didn't care. The lens seems ok from outside but I tried cleaning it with some alcohol and the white ring on front of the lens get wet so is not sealed properly and some mold must been formed inside.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/oDggjn6xyFU7iqW27
Is something I can do to solve this? Is there is a way to buy only the lens to replace this one?

I hope that someone has some insights.
Thank you for your time.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: New member

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

I am not sure I understand fully. The camera lens is connected to the PCB using a base that is hard coated to keep the lens from moving. If the Lens is damaged because of a known issue that was out there for a short time where the Lens didn't fit the body or something right and the IR was bleeding back to the camera at night. If someone messed with the Lens and now that is damaged you will be best to find a new lens using Ebay or some other method as Amcrest don't sale lenses for the cameras. You will need to make sure it fits within the Base and has the right threads, Also that it has the 3 to 4mp and is same type mm as the camera came with. While you might be able to use a different format lens for your camera, it might not work well if the software is doing some things with the current setup. Without having the ability to change say from 2.8mm to 4mm in the software of they are doing some type of image correction it might make things look strange in the 4mm lens..

About the white on the lens. This sounds like something that someone added to try to get away from the IR issues at night.

The Lenses can be sourced from many places even AliExpress. They are M12 lenses. The biggest issue is getting it replaced. The camera board will need to be pulled from the doorbell camera to get the lens out. Then it will need to be installed and to setup the right area for the focal point will take some time. Best to have that area of view in warehouse or lab setting so you don't have to put together and take apart everytime you need to adjust
Be Safe.
newbee747

Post by newbee747 »

Hello and thank you for the response.
I will try and explain further. I tried cleaning the lens. Didn't work. I opened the camera and unscrewed the lens. It was locked in place with two drops of glue. I cleaned the other side of the lens. No joy.
Trying to clean the lens with some alcohol I noticed that the white stuff inside was wet so not properly sealed. This time I put 2 photos with the lens dry and wet inside. My point is whenever was raining the water went inside.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Vj6DMUULK4b4zq9W9
I will search on aliexpress another similar lens.

Thank you again
Best regards
newbee747

Post by newbee747 »

Hello again.
I just wanted to update the situation. I ordered from aliexpress this lens https://it.aliexpress.com/item/10050050 ... pt=glo2ita the RH-56 model and it work very well. I'd say it's a good replacement. Time (...and weather) will tell.
Thank you for the tip about aliexpress although it's an M8 and not M12

Best regards!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok sorry about the wrong size. I guess I should have posted M12 type. I didn't take mine apart to know for sure and the M12 is a standard for other cameras that I work with and only meant same type as.. Glad you got it figured out and hope that the water issue is solved. I have seen some of these camera doorbells with a cover for the camera. I would look at getting something like that if you have direct water contact with your doorbell area. Mine is setting on the edge of the porch. Only on rare times does it get rained on. All the other times the wind blows it away from the contact of the camera and I don't have any over head area that drips or leaks to add water in places that could hit the camera..
Be Safe.