Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
PergamonFalcon

Post by PergamonFalcon »

Hello. New to the forums but I've had a couple of Amcrest cameras for several years. I have a couple of questions maybe someone can help me out with.

1 - I was checking my router activity and saw that one of my cameras is accessing some cloud service servers, but I do not subscribe to any cloud service with Amcrest, nor have I set up any outside service for the cameras. Any idea why it's doing that? Two identical cameras but only one is doing this. Strange.

2 - I used to be able to FTP from the cameras to my Mac but Apple has stopped the FTP server on newer OS versions so I've tried third party options, and one kind of works but the files transferred to my mac have an odd format, with an underscore after the file extension, and even with that removed the files cannot be opened or viewed. I've never had a problem before. Wondering if anyone else is having the same issues. I'm old school and bare bones, not willing (yet) to pay for cloud storage for my vids. I do have SD cards installed, but the Amcrest interface to access those is tedious, so I prefer transferring them to a local machine.

Thanks in advance!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: New Member

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

I would double check that your P2P is turned off if you don't want the camera to be making contact with the outside world. My guess is that your one camera is setup with it off and the other on. Or that one has it setup with a good DNS and the other using your router as a DNS and so one is active online P2P and the other isn't? This is guessing however only thing that would seem to cause what your asking about..

About your FTP I can't say as I don't use Mac for FTP and my Windows FTP has no issues with access of any of my Devices be it a IP camera, DVR/NVR they all access as expected.
Be Safe.
Pogo

Re: New Member

Post by Pogo »

PergamonFalcon wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:48 pm I'm old school and bare bones, not willing (yet) to pay for cloud storage for my vids. I do have SD cards installed, but the Amcrest interface to access those is tedious, so I prefer transferring them to a local machine.
Thanks in advance!
Used PCs/laptops/Macs and external USB HDD storage could provide an incredibly inexpensive and flexible localized FTP solution/file management platform between the different platforms and their respective conventions. The 'cloud' is the last place I want to store anything.