New member, new IP8M-T2499E

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
Brent

New member, new IP8M-T2499E

Post by Brent »

I just received an IP8M-T2499E. I have it connected to my router via an ethernet cable. I used an external power source for the camera. The issue is that I cannot get either my laptop or Android phone to connect. Any ideas?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: New member, new IP8M-T2499E

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@Brent Hello and Welcome to the Forum...

I am going to guess that you will need to find out the IP of the device... Also need to make sure that you are giving the camera enough power to keep it running...

A camera that says it needs POE or can work with 12v 1.24 amps or what ever your camera needs at 12v will need them amps if you are say using a 12v 500ma power supply and your camera requires 1 or 2 amps then it needs a better power supply

SO if your using windows 10 PRESS the windows key and press R, Then type in cmd and press enter, then type in arp -a so that would be arp (Space) -a and it should tell you all the ips that it can find... Also maybe an issue that your camera might be using a Static IP of an IP on your network already... I had a camera that had that issue, Found it by using a different router that was on a different ip range.. made the IP change in camera and connected back to my Network...

So First I would make sure that your Power supply is enough power for the camera
Then you can also use IP tools that might have come with the camera on a CD or you can download from Amcrest Website...

Also might be if in a different IP Range set Static by the owner before you if used might be an IP that ARP can't find or might have it setup with ARP turned off but they come factory with them on...

Another things might be a cable issue if you have another network cable try running another cable to the camera see if it can be accessed after that...

That is all I can think of right now...
Be Safe.
davptz

Post by davptz »

Revo2Maxx covered it pretty well. But I'm wondering at what you have tried. Since you have an Android phone I assume you have a Windows laptop. Is that the case?

Amcrest wants you to use their two software products, IP Config and Surveillance Pro (on the laptop, View Pro on the phone.) Get the laptop running first. Have you tried those with the Amcrest instructions?

Also, do you have (computer) access to your router? That's how I make sure devices on my network are actually getting that far. Doesn't help to try to connect via wi-fi (or any other method) if the router doesn't even see it. (That covers both the power and cable issues Revo2Maxx mentions).

Let us know how you are progressing!
Brent

Post by Brent »

Thanks for your help. The power supply was the problem. I will begin to work on setting everything up.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome, Glad to hear you got things worked out...

I am sure if there is any other problems people around the forum will try and help and there is also Support phone and email if things are very complex to figure out...

Thanks for keeping us up dated with progress
Be Safe.