New Member Intro with Questions

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
Cammot53

New Member Intro with Questions

Post by Cammot53 »

Hello,

I am a new member of this group. We are in the process of selecting security cameras and a smart doorbell for our new house just completing construction. We have a few questions and hope we can find the answers we are looking for. The first obvious question is did we make the right decision in selecting the Amcrest brand over Reolink? Our tech installer gave us the choice of these two brands to choose from, and from the little, we read we thought that Amcrest offered a better package on quality. The one thing I latched on to is that Amcrest has the option to record on H.265 and does better on low-light settings. Are there any other reasons why we made the right decision if not please do let us know?

Secondly, we are considering the Amcrest 4K Security System 8CH PoE NVR 4 x 4K Turret POE Cameras 2TB, package includes 4 PoE 4K cameras and the NVR with 2TB hard drive. We understand the camera model is: IP8M-T2599EW4 and the NVR model is: NV4108E. We also plan to have the system installed via a Network PoE switch, where the camera ethernet cables go to the switch, and then on one to the NVR - I plan to use the ubiquitin USW-24-PoE switch so that we can have access to the UniFi software on the desktop to get into the 'weeds' and configure the individual camera settings, etc...

Is there a better combination of Amcrest Tourret Cameras and NVR that might be better than the combined package above, that would give us superior video quality, ease of installation, and functionality?

One additional question on the doorbell smart camera. We were offered the Amcrest 4MP Doorbell Camera 2.4GHz/5GHz WiFi Doorbell Camera AD410
Would appreciate any thoughts and suggestions we might need for consideration. Is there a better smart doorbell alternative to consider ?

Many Thanks in advance.