New Home, Adopted NV4108E-HS

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
CrestwayClay

New Home, Adopted NV4108E-HS

Post by CrestwayClay »

Greetings! I have purchased a new home and the NVR/Cameras came with it. I am able to view each camera on an in home monitor. What I would like to do is:
1. gain access to the admin.
2. utilize alarms and viewing remotely

While on the phone with tech support, they've had me download every app (I swear) that Amcrest has out there AND I have tried using the admin/admin even after trying the UN & PW left (in writing) by the previous H.O. No luck.
The tech was able to remote in and discovered, I'm not even sure what (hard to understand and by that time I was very frustrated) but we were not able to continue and the session was abruptly ended.
I have tried to reset PW through Amcrest and what I need are supporting documents (Receipt, PO etc) and I didn't purchase the system. All I have are a bunch of worthless quick start guides. I submitted that as supporting docs. I doubt that will pas muster.

Without verifying #2 is not possible, so far.

So, I am back to verification of ownership!

Waiting for their response...
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: New Home, Adopted NV4108E-HS

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the forum..

Sorry to hear about the issues. So when you start the NVR and looking at the GUI (NVR User Interface) does it ask for a Password starting off or does it give you a few tries at a pattern?

Next is there a Email that is setup with the NVR? When you go to forget password does it show a related Email?

I personally have bought a few used ones from people that didn't' know the password and was able to gain access after a week or 2 of trying different patterns if it was setup. Infact bought one that I unlocked on the 4th try and should have been the first but I start backwards in things lol...

if it has a Pattern keep in mind these are setup better then then average because a dot can be skipped. So to make a Z you can skip the middle dot and so on.. So yeah there are many many combos however most times I have found the person is lazy and only uses L or 7 and things like that..
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

I would attempt making contact with the previous owner in an effort to obtain the login credentials..., perhaps through the realtor or any other logical means at your disposal for such a request. Of course I'm sure that's been considered already.

Sounds like the Amcrest tech support experience was just slightly less than sufficient on several levels -- and not surprising. But the fact that they were able to remotely gain access certainly presents the possibility of the unit being factory reset to its defaults via the firmware for a new setup routine from square one if you ever hear back from them -- if you haven't already burned that bridge out of sheer frustration trying to navigate those waters in the first place.

Otherwise, you may be in luck and actually discover a 'reset' button on the main board of your particular unit. If so, you're in business by executing a power-up routine in conjunction with the button to wipe the unit clean for a fresh setup. Pop the lid and have a look.

There's also this 2021 method if you haven't run across it yet. It may or may not still be an applicable solution.

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... ity%20code.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

So I somehow missed the part about the user credentials being left by the previous owner. I imagine all obvious variations of upper/lower case and such have been attempted already? I can't imagine them going to the trouble of providing the information without ensuring it was both legible and correct.