Need help setting up existing camera system

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
Russ84

Need help setting up existing camera system

Post by Russ84 »

Hello,

I recently bought a house that has several cameras (model #IP3M-956EW) installed outside around the property. I have no idea how to access or set them up. There are several Cameras that run to what looks like an Ethernet router, the label on this box is Amcrest gigabit 9 port POE Ethernet switch. There are then 3 cables that run into the house thru an exterior wall and just dead end. I would like to get the system operational but I have contacted customer support for several months with no help. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Attachments
E79CDEB7-3BBE-4BF2-8DF2-CA3E8BDEB425.jpeg
E79CDEB7-3BBE-4BF2-8DF2-CA3E8BDEB425.jpeg (2.87 MiB) Viewed 10243 times
3B8880DC-772A-4EE4-BF52-2B3DCD43C0F7.jpeg
3B8880DC-772A-4EE4-BF52-2B3DCD43C0F7.jpeg (2.41 MiB) Viewed 10243 times
301F7699-4AB0-4526-AEB6-F0F9363B8661.jpeg
301F7699-4AB0-4526-AEB6-F0F9363B8661.jpeg (3.26 MiB) Viewed 10243 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Need help setting up existing camera system

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

First a few things you should do to get things setup..

Take your router for your Internet and connect it to one of the 3 dead in cables and check to see if data starts to flow to the Amcrest POE Switch... Once you find that your almost there...

Then I would buy a NVR that will fit your needs.. With what you are saying the cameras are, They are 3mp cameras and personally I would get one that has double the output of what you think you want. Right now you have 3 cameras, So for me anyway a 8ch would be MIn buy.. Then you have to ask your self what type of system you do want? Like 4108h is a NON POE seeing you already have a Switch you could go that way. OR if you wanted you could get the 4108E that would give you 8ch POE in truth that is most Secure way to run IP cameras.. Then seeing your cameras are only 3mp you might want to one day update to a 4k NVR so then I would go with if not wanting AI functions I would go with the 4108E-HS However if you wanted AI features then I would go with a AI NVR there are many so looking at what is offered is better then me telling you what you should get.. I personally have 4216E-AI and others that I have mentioned in this post as well. I also have the 2116-HS...

Anyway Right now there are some things you can do...

Once you get your cameras connected to your Network (Not just the POE Switch it is on right now) But connected to your network, you can use IP config tool to find the IP they are on.. If they were Reset before last owner left it should be easy to get them going for your needs... First I don't know the Switch and not sure if it is Managed or not, If it is it might be on it's own IP address.. THen the camera are running on that range that would be outside of your Network range...

Anyway Once you find the Cameras IP address, I would try to log into them using admin admin for user and pass.. IF your able to log in then change the password to fit your needs but don't use your normal email or other normally used Password for security reasons...

Another thing you could do is also DL Amcrest Surveillance Pro to Monitor your Cameras while you wait for your NVR to show up... YOu can also use the PC-NVR in the software of ASP to record the cameras.. Also would look in the cameras WebUI to see if there is any Micro SD card installed there might be footage being recorded and able to be viewed at that level..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Russ84

Post by Russ84 »

Hi James,

So there are 6 cameras total. 4 of them run into the POE switch in the garage and then there is a cable coming out of the 10/100/1000 Base T port which then runs towards the house. then there are 2 more cameras on the house that then are zip tied with that same cable that all come into the house and Terminate at the 3 cables I show dead ended in the house. Will I need to plug all 3 of these cords into a router? My router for the house is in a different part of the house but I have a wifi extender near these 3 cables, do I need to purchase another router for these 3 cords to plug into? Where would the NVR be tied into this set up? After the router? Lastly, the cameras I believe are under a different password, is there a way to reset the username and password for all cameras?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Each of the cameras will need to be reset at the Camera level. This means that you will need to access each of the Cameras Reset Switch, then once they are Reset they would all be setup to admin admin for accessing the camera...

Now I don't know the cameras personally, Some have buttons that you can push off the cables, other have buttons in the cameras either at the main MB level or at a sub board.. Personally I don't know what type you have.. Next and not so easy access of a Reset switch isn't even a Switch it is just 2 contact areas on the Mother Board (MB) This would be done using a short wires and making contact at the MB to cause the system to reset. Most times cameras that are made this way either are to compact and a button would not fit there or just not with in the budget of building the camera to start with..

About the Network connection. Right now I am trying to get it so the 1 connection from the Switch that needs to connect to a NVR at a Min or the main network segment and or so you can gain access to the cameras..

Out side of that the other way would be to remove and bench Test each camera, Open and access the MB make Reset and setup then re install back on house would be the easiest. Then NVR or a computer running ASP and PC-NVR could be installed there where the Switch is and have everything working at that location. However if there is more from the house that needs to connect maybe one of them wires are for them cameras and might have have been used with a POE NVR at that location and with the Switch and NVR connect to the same router by what ever format they had it connected the other cameras in Switch could then be setup to NVR as well..

To be honest there is just to much info that I don't have to get a good since of what you have going on.. My guess is that the 3 wires in Drop is going to be 2 POE cameras and the 3rd wire is from the Switch..
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I do own that camera.. If memory serves me right that one does have a Reset button.. I would have to go to my cabin to look.. I did have it here at the house until last winter when I took it to the cabin..

Anyway taking the 3 screws loose on the dome, Removes the dome and there you can gain access to the board, If again memory serves me right the Reset button is close to the Micro SD card slot.. It might take a Security Drive to open the camera that tool comes with the Amcrest cameras when new.. Also any of the Micro Drives sets with them type bits most times have that same size bit so don't need to have the tool it came with just the right sized security bit..
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

@Russ84
Here's a link where you can learn more about your cameras.
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ca ... -IP3M-954E
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

jack7 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:25 pm @Russ84
Here's a link where you can learn more about your cameras.
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ca ... -IP3M-954E
They have the 956E so here is the link My son should be back home with mine within the next hour.. But here is the link for now of the one they have

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ca ... -IP3M-956E
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I am sorry I was wrong when I said the Button is by the Micro SD card Slot.. So the other night when i sent my son to get the camera he came back with the Wrong one lol.. So sent him up today to get the 956EB and did get home with the Right one this time lol..

So looking at where the MSD card is the button is about 6 hours before that.. SO looking at a clock MSD at 6 the button would be around 12 on the Board is best way to explain.. The one he did bring home would be the one I was thinking about where the Button and the Card slot is in same area even though that one don't have the cage the solder area is still there...
20210815_195844_resized.jpg
20210815_195844_resized.jpg (866.58 KiB) Viewed 10057 times
Here is my other 3mp Dahua though
20210815_200000_resized.jpg
20210815_200000_resized.jpg (669.07 KiB) Viewed 10057 times
Be Safe