Need help finding reset on Cam

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
darren8781

Need help finding reset on Cam

Post by darren8781 »

Got a new router and my cameras just went to crap the mobile app stopped working so i had to set my nvr because it had wrong ip address then after i did that all 4 of my cameras would not connect kept saying "invalid password" all my cams are POE 2 of my cameras have bottom covers, which when removed has a reset button...after resetting those 2 cams I was able to get my NVR to display those again!!! But my other 2 cams are different still amcrest but I do not see anyplace to reset these cams....driving me nuts I dont know what to do anymore still getting the "invalid password" crap and i dont know where a reset is on these cams....

only info i have on them are
Were purchased on amazon currently not aval anymore
5MP MP Ultra HD amcrest cam Its Hexagon shaped....

HELP!!!!!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Need help finding reset on Cam

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Only 2 that I can think of out of the gate for Hexagon type cameras in 5mp is 1176 and 1173. One bullet style and one dome style.. My guess is that you talking about the 1173 and don't know how to get to the button or maybe I don't know the one your talking about..

However if it is 1173, You would need to take the front cover off the camera. (Taped on) then once that conver is off it would reveal 4 screws. After removing the 4 screws it would show the IR board, and camera, The Reset button is under the IR board and is a small switch. Not the normal round one but a small box switch with either a white or black small button. I am not sure if the IR board is connected to the front cover or if it was scewed to the front of the camera either way keeping it away from the camera it can be reset without removing the wiring from the camera to the IR but up to you. The button would be right next to the wiring for the IR. Again it would be a small button pushed from side not straight on like other reset buttons.

It takes a while to reset like 45 to 60 seconds so keep that in mind.

Out side of that the Cameras are setup for Static, and the IP of the New Router isn't within the Range of the NVR/Cameras. However you have reset your IP for your NVR and the other 2 cameras and that is now working. One thing you could also try (Not all routers will let you) but you could try to access the cameras old IP address and just make the change to the cameras IP under the setup, Network, TCP/IP area. You will need to make change to both the IP and Gateway for the camera.

Like one of my routers is 192.168.54.1 and my router at my home is 10.0.0.1. I can at home if I take a camera from my other location and connect to that ip like one of my 841's that is at 192.168.54.122 and I access that ip from my 10.0.0.119 computer and enter a new ip and gateway to ip that isn't used already like 10.0.0.122 and a gateway setup for my router of 10.0.0.1 and save and doing so it will now work on my normal local network.

To make it so you can access that way.

You would want to setup your computer to have a Static IP on your current Routers range. then after you save, you would then want to add a new ip in the area under advanced. add a new IP to the old range of your old router. This will trick your computer into thinking it can access any IP from them 2 network IP ranges and so lets say that your old range was 192.168.1.1 and your camera was 192.168.1.21 if you setup that under the advanced area for your computers IP ranges with say your computer being setup for 192.168.1.20 then going to the .21 you would be able to log in and make the changes you needed without having to take down your camera or access the cameras reset button..
Be Safe.
darren8781

Post by darren8781 »

hey thx alot revo2maxx you were able to identify the model number for me which turned out to be a 1173 and i finally found the reset switch on it!!!! Finally got it back up and running!!!!
Thanks again!!!!!!!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

You're welcome, Glad things worked out for you.
Be Safe.