Just installed a AMCREST IP2M-856EW

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
wickedstangs

Re: Just installed a AMCREST IP2M-856EW

Post by wickedstangs »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:41 pm Well hard to say there are so many different choices... However main issue is going to be where Quality meets Mega Pixel??

So that one your saying is a 856EW and I guess the question is are you Zoomed in or at at this view?

Next step up would be 1056EW and that goes from the 2mp that you have there to a 4MP with Motorized Zoom...

Or maybe if you want even more area go for the PTZ 4mp and that will give you even more zoom and area of view with ability to setup tours scans and other great things.. But yeah the camera you have there is about 80% better then my 956E WOW however right now I am using it as a sky cam and just as I was typing this I look up and watch 2 planes going head to head but I don't know this dark how high but they could have waved at each other as they passed by lol I should put on Youtube lol all you can see is 2 flashing dots headed at each other lol...
To answer your questions No the 856EW is not zoomed in. Thanks for the recommendation will have to look at it.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Here is another idea?! To be honest if your not looking for a Zoom camera maybe it is something you don't use and wouldn't use for the location your installing the camera

For a Large Leap in Tech to be honest I would go with IP4M-1046EW-AI it is a leap in price as well at just around 200 + or - 10 depending on where bought.. While it wouldn't give you total benefit until a AI NVR is bought but I would say that your Location there in my mind would be a Perfect location for that camera.. Something to think about..
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

@wickedstangs
The IP4M-1046EW-AI that @Revo2Maxx mentioned is the one likely to provide an improved night color image. It has a large 1/1.8" 4 MP sensor that should have very good low light capability. It also has two white light leds if used, instead of IR leds that would not help night color.
wickedstangs

Post by wickedstangs »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:57 am Here is another idea?! To be honest if your not looking for a Zoom camera maybe it is something you don't use and wouldn't use for the location your installing the camera

For a Large Leap in Tech to be honest I would go with IP4M-1046EW-AI it is a leap in price as well at just around 200 + or - 10 depending on where bought.. While it wouldn't give you total benefit until a AI NVR is bought but I would say that your Location there in my mind would be a Perfect location for that camera.. Something to think about..
Thank you will look at that...
wickedstangs

Post by wickedstangs »

Well one of my IP2M-856EW just crapped out, what is a good replacement for this to look even better than the above images?
wickedstangs

Post by wickedstangs »

This was a 2MP looking at maybe the 5MP? IP5M-D1188EW-28MM