iP2M-866W wall mount?

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
araczek

iP2M-866W wall mount?

Post by araczek »

Hi-
Just bought the 866W PTZ camera and am planning to most likely mount it in the front of my house. I am looking for a wall mount that is not too huge, hides the wires and is unobtrusive. I only have seen a pole mount in my search and not many made for this camera. I can always fabricate something but was wondering if anyone has done this search before.

...ar
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: iP2M-866W wall mount?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not 100% sure but I don't think this camera you want to place on the side of your house. While i am not saying that it can't be mounted in a well covered area. This camera is rather new and mounts maybe out there that would work made for other cameras.. Looking at the Manual I seen a Wall Arm mount that I would say is the best option for mounting to the wall.. While this was the Manual online and might not be same page as one that came with the camera... But that can be found on Page 12. It is same type of Arm as my Speed domes use however this comes with a part to mount the camera too then is put into the arm. Well thought out I think...

By the way I am in favor of Large well seen cameras from the road or walk ways... I know for sure it changed the persons Intent on the 10 of this month. When I seen the person fast stepping to my driveway to get about 1/2 past the trunk before seeing Cameras on my Diveway. 2 of 5 could be seen,. You see him Stop in his tracks and point to the cameras turn around pace a few times like trying to talk him self into doing it anyway...
Be Safe.
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

The user manual shows the appropriate wall mount. I can't find it for sale by Amcrest only from another source.

I think that a call to Amcrest would be your best way forward.
wallmount.jpg
wallmount.jpg (71.93 KiB) Viewed 1094 times
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
jack7

Post by jack7 »

For wall mount parts, search google for PFB305W and PFA106 . If you need more room for connections see https://amcrest.com/catalog/product/gallery/id/334/
araczek

Post by araczek »

Thank you for the replies. Yes I understand the deterrent effect having it visible. It will most likely be mounted on a corner of my house where the sidewalk leads up to the corner. And thanks for the manual shot, don’t know that I came across that before. I will contact Amcrest.

..ar
jack7

Post by jack7 »

araczek wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:40 am ...It will most likely be mounted on a corner of my house...
You could also use a PFA151 corner mount bracket.
araczek

Post by araczek »

Jack7-

Thank you for the good suggestions. I did call Amcrest and they were less than helpful. They only have a pole mount which will not work for me. Don't know why they have such limited applications for this camera. I can try the Dahua bracket as it has a 5.25" base and the Amcrest camera has a 5" base. Seems workable, do you think? I can probably hide the wires in the bracket stem. Just have to get creative in running the power cord, not doing PoE.

...Alan
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry I guess I didn't give enough info and the pictures that was provided didn't help as well... Also as I said in your Manual on Page 12 there is the info for mounting this...

So the Bracket that Jack7 talks about while some cameras could use as a Stand alone I am not sure that is how you want your Camera installed... To me wouldn't look right... However I am going to guess Jack was saying to use that in connection with the Brackets that is on PAGE 12 of your Manual....

The Part NUMBERS for your MOUNT to make it look right and make it look like it was meant to be mounted this way is off page 12
Dahua PFB305W Wall Mount Bracket
and Also PFA107 as the part to connect to the Camera. Then the 2 parts go together to make compete set.

Then if you do a Search on Ebay with out the Quotes you will find many options... "Dahua Aluminum Mount Adapter and Wall Mount PFB305W + PFA107"

Then those 2 items along with the Corner bracket Jack7 mentioned will give you a Total solution for Corner Mounting this Camera... More then enough area for wires to hide...
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Here is a Picture with Part #'s incase others are looking to do the same thing. This way they know what they are looking for... Also Amcrest does have one with Camera and the Pole mount with Bracket for the ones that are looking for that type... They have one that is like 866W-PFB220-PFA107 and is like around 40more then just the Camera...
IP2M866W.jpg
IP2M866W.jpg (33.41 KiB) Viewed 1065 times
Be Safe.