Hi! Just bought IP2M-858W

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
davptz

Hi! Just bought IP2M-858W

Post by davptz »

I have an old QSee system with 4 cameras. Figured it is finally time to get a PTZ camera. I won't be trying to integrate them, I'll keep them totally separate.

I just got it today, so it isn't installed, I just hooked it up to make sure everything works and to get some of the wrinkles worked out as far as software and firmware go.

Works fine on Android phones, but I couldn't get viewing working on the PC in IE 11 or Firefox. Finally gave in and installed Chrome and the Amcrest View App extension. That works. But I found out about the Surveillance Pro Beta here on the forum. That works better, so I uninstalled Chrome.

Haven't set up forwarding in the router yet, just using on the internal network so far.

Loving the zoom and pan/tilt! :)
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Hi! Just bought IP2M-858W

Post by Revo2Maxx »

To be Honest I would just setup and use P2P there is no forward of Ports needed and all you have to do is use your Amcerst App and setup under P2P option and make sure it is enabled.. Then you will have access from outside your network that is secure again no need for ports open and trying to always know your homes IP etc etc...

Welcome to the Forum and Hope you find enjoyment in your new camera...
Be Safe.