Hi From Boston, MA - Have question about new Doorbell Camera

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
pleblanc

Hi From Boston, MA - Have question about new Doorbell Camera

Post by pleblanc »

Hi everyone, I am Pete from Boston, MA, I'm a Network Guy and I have a Crazy Network in my house with a bunch of cameras I have a few of the Amcrest POE Bullets and just got the new Doorbell camera which I have set up / working but I am trying to add it to my Synology Surveillance Station which I am told should work.

Because of my Network Design I have my Security System in its own VLAN and my Wireless items such as this on another VLAN, Can someone tell me what ports I need to open to get access to the Doorbell Camera? I've tried 37777 as well as 80 and 554 and can not get it to connect. I've been told that this camera supports ONVIF so it seems like it should work.

I can not seem to find the information on their site / in various serves I've done.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Hi From Boston, MA - Have question about new Doorbell Camera

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I sadly don't own one but I am going to guess it will use the Normal Port 80 if the normal Amcrest ports of 37777 don't work... Also there is tools that you could use on the IP of the door camera to tell what ports are open. Nmap is one that comes to mind there are many others...Also

Might want to Try
if 80 didn't work
Be Safe.
pleblanc

Post by pleblanc »

Thanks for the info, I put the camera on the same VLAN as my NVR and I am still not having any luck. I tried all of the ports I've seen mentioned for Amcrest. I tried 80, 443, 554 as well as 37777. Not sure what else I can try at this point. They say it works with their NVR so I can't see why it wouldn't work with another one. They info they show is port 37777.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awww So you are trying to use this Camera over a Non Amcrest NVR?

I guess what is important is that they are Both of the Same Onvif version. Like 2.4 etc...

Then it might be that your connecting it different. Say does your NVR use 37777 as connections when you connect to the IP cameras on it or different Ports? I guess question is Who made the NVR?

Maybe rather then connecting it over ONVIF it might be over the Private on port 37777 and such like you do your normal Ip cameras. Also cold be that the thing isn't ONVIF but is CGI and maybe yours isn't I don't know there are loads of if and's or's in these things...
Be Safe.
pleblanc

Post by pleblanc »

I am using Synology Surveillance Station, it fully supports ONVIF so it shouldn't be an issue. It supports lots of Amcrest cameras and wouldn't be surprised if they add native support in the future. I have 3 Amcrest in my mix but they are supported / didn't have to do anything special to get them set up.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thanks for the update.. Sorry i am not there so have to ask in order to know more of what is going on....

So with that you know how to setup... I would guess if you have others then it would be setup like others.. So I know for NVR you would do a Search IP.. Then find the one your Doorbell is connected to.. However at times if it don't come up you can do a manual add...

I guess I have to ask. Have you setup the Doorbell with the Smart Home App first? In order for it to be setup on a NVR of any type it must first be setup on the Smart Home App...

Once it is setup on the Smart Home App then you can add to a NVR or other ONVIF supported device. While motion and thing like that can be setup on NVR. the Cloud would have to be accessed over the Smart Home app...

Hope that helps as maybe you have been trying to just setup like you would a normal camera without first App setup.. Only thing I can think it might be lacking... If that isn't it and you have already setup over Smart Home App. I would guess the best thing to do is Contact Amcrest via Email or Phone see if they have more info...

So last thing and last thing anyone wants to do is maybe do a Factory Reset and set up the Doorbell again, Over Smart Home App. and then try again to setup to your NVR...
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry One last thing. If you want to Reset to Factory... Take the Faceplate off and there will be a reset button. Press that button until you hear it tell you that it is Resetting... Let go of the Button the blue light on the Front will start flashing let it go for 1 to 2 minutes. After a Couple of Min the Door Bell has been reset to factory and the Password and user is again admin admin...
Be Safe.
pleblanc

Post by pleblanc »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:57 am Sorry One last thing. If you want to Reset to Factory... Take the Faceplate off and there will be a reset button. Press that button until you hear it tell you that it is Resetting... Let go of the Button the blue light on the Front will start flashing let it go for 1 to 2 minutes. After a Couple of Min the Door Bell has been reset to factory and the Password and user is again admin admin...
Hi - I should have mentioned that the Doorbell Camera is setup / working fine with the App, it is sending me push notifications and the doorbell function works perfectly as well. I know the IP of the unit (from the App) and I can even ping it. For whatever reason I just is not working / being discovered by my Synology. I've tried every port combo I can think of but it just will not connect. Synology also does a complete subnet scan of ONVIF Compatible devices and it isn't seeing it at all. So I guess my only option at this point is to try and do a factory reset just to see if that will somehow change things.

I am not using the Cloud Service only a local Memory Card which is also working as expected. My only issue was trying to find a memory card that worked. In the Specs it says it supports up to 128G, the Manual Says 64G but nether of them worked. Only when I went down to a 32G was it detected / starting working.

Either way I have to say I really like this camera as an alternative to the others out there. Even if for whatever reason I can not add it to my NVR it still does what it says it should and for the price I would highly recommend it.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I am glad you like the doorbell.. I think it will be good addition for anyone that would like to have a camera close to the front door.. 2 way communication to give the kids the ability to not open the door when the parents are away... I just hope people don't only use this as only form of Protection..

I think it might work out.. If you do a Factory reset and works please update here so others that may read this knows how things went..
Be Safe.