Hello World!

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
OleBird

Hello World!

Post by OleBird »

Bought a new Amcrest IP camera. Now got to figure out how to use it.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Hello World!

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Welcome to the Forum...

There are loads of Cameras in the line up..

Easy way to get things going is to connect it over your Network on Ethernet, then go to your command prompt and type in arp -g to get a list of ip on your network.. Then best way to know what one is your camera is that the Mac Address is going to start with a 9C if it is new 2016 and newer anyway if it is older then 2016 it might have a Mac that starts with 4C.. Then if you got an NEW OLD Stock camera say back when they first started it could even have a Mac starting with 3C.. However most new cameras are going to start as stated 9C..

Then bring up IE and if it is a NEW NEW camera from 2019 or 2020 FW bring up Chrome, Then type in the Camera IP address, Then for user and pass starting up camera is admin for both. Should Prompt you to change it. Then your going to want to setup your camera for your network. I would go to Setup, network, TCP/IP and change DHCP to static, Then give it a IP you want. So say your Ip is 192.168.1.12 I would change the last number to something over 100... So say you made it 192.168.1.101. Click the apply now you will get logged out and the browser should bring up new IP log back in with user and the new password you just setup. Then you would want to go and format your MSD card if you have installed one.. If you have not then you may want to install ASP Amcrest Surveillance Pro and you can set that up to Record for you.. Only issue with ASP is that you have to have a computer running full time

Second way is setup an FTP server on a old computer, and setup your camera to send motion or full time recordings to the FTP server?! I have NVR's DVR's FTP MSD and backups for my system..
Be Safe.