Hello - it's rather difficult to create & submit posts in under 90 seconds

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
HikwQedxw

Hello - it's rather difficult to create & submit posts in under 90 seconds

Post by HikwQedxw »

Hello I realize this is the new member introduction area, but there seems to be no area concerning problems with the forum website itself.

I have run into this problem - My forum login expires every 90 seconds regardless of the device I am using.
I login successfully. I start to browse the forum index and I am forcibly logged out. I have not been able to read single post in the last three weeks because of these timeouts. I have tried Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, Samsung Internet, and Opera on Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and android getting the same results.

I finally created this post in a standalone text editor. I would login, quickly click general discussion/new member, click new topic then attempt to copy and paste the subject line and body of post then click submit before my login timed out. It took more than 17 attempts(that when I quit updating the count) to successfully complete this post.

Anyone else having this problem?

Now the next issue is how am I going to read any responses in that same 90 second window?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Hello - it's rather difficult to create & submit posts in under 90 seconds

Post by Revo2Maxx »

That is strange and no I don't know of any issue like that and maybe why the forum has been on the shy side for a couple of weeks. Now I have personally choose the Keep me logged in option but that is a guess to what might help you as well. I will pass along the issue to have the Site looked over by the Site Admins.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Could you let me know if that issue is still going on as there was some things that was worked and fixed so might be the issue has already been fixed.. So that was what I was just told. If still a problem it can be looked at.

Thanks
Be Safe.
HikwQedxw

Post by HikwQedxw »

Hello it's Nov 3rd and this is the fourth time I logged in today and was able to remain logged in for more than 90 seconds.
I do not know what the problem was but it lasted for several weeks, first week of October was the first occurrence for me.

Anyway all seems to be working again.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I still have some issues my self, I don't get logged out that I notice however every so often I get a Error and it acts like my post Submit failed. If I do another look for unread post my post will show up..

Also noticed that some people are also posting 2 and 3 post of the same. Like here there was 2 of the same from you, I did remove the second one. Just saying so there is still some issues that needs to be worked out..

Thanks for the update..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Case and point.. Normally my post don't show up as a new unread post. However after trying to post my reply before this one the error was there again..
Screenshot (3562).png
Screenshot (3562).png (20.52 KiB) Viewed 5606 times
Screenshot (3563).png
Screenshot (3563).png (94.28 KiB) Viewed 5606 times
Be Safe.