Hello & Help needed

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
LarryB5417

Hello & Help needed

Post by LarryB5417 »

How do I contact an Administrator to Unlock my older Login ? I went round & round to restore my old login and failed. I see no link for assistance with logins that expired due to inactivity.

thank you
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Hello & Help needed

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Not sure I have heard of an account being off because of no activity. I have seen good few people that signed up in 2017 and was able to post.

I did a Search for your Email and the only account that is attached to it is this one. So I would need more info about the User. I am not sure if your able to PM yet and if you can send me a PM with the User name and or email that it was tied to and I will look it over to see why it is no longer active.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
LarryB5417

Post by LarryB5417 »

tvlarry was the user name
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well it looks like that isn't Deactivated and is still in good standing group for active members.

That account was with a different email and I could change the Password and send it to the Email it was created with if that will help any. Just would need to make sure that the password is changed when you log in. IF that isn't a good Email address for you any longer then you might want to contact Amcrest Support and see if there is some things that you can do to get them to update a password for you. Seeing I am not Employed by Amcrest I have to follow rules for user accounts and password and that is to only update to Email that user made the account with. The Updated Email password would come from my Personal Email account seeing I don't have an Amcrest email account.

From time to time I even get the Need to sign back in or need to change password on the forum maybe that is what has happened to your account. It is still active either way.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter

Revo2Maxx aka James.
Be Safe
LarryB5417

Post by LarryB5417 »

Thanks James, I had an issue trying to get my password reset, I got caught in a loop. Is there a way to email Administration ?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well like I said if there is no way for you to have access to the Email you made that account the only way is to contact Amcrest using the phone number for Amcrest, 1-888-212-7538

If you do have access to the Email that the account was setup with I could send you a Temp password to that address, Then you could check that Email and get your new password, Once you log in you then should click on your name then edit account settings and it will have you change your password in there. It will ask you for a new one and to confirm the new one and then at the bottom it wants you to put in the current one (the one I would send you) Outside of that Amcrest don't have your password in a data base so only way would be to send to the Email address that is on the account. If you like i could send you a password and that would be the fastest method or Contacting Amcrest at the number above and I am not sure what they would require you to do if you don't have access to the old email. I just know I can only make a Temp password and send to the email on file.

Sorry couldn't be more helpful
Be Safe