Hello everyone this is my first post

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
JuniorM

Hello everyone this is my first post

Post by JuniorM »

Hello everyone this is my first post, I just wanted to know I am getting cameras installed in my house, actually in the backyard and frontyard and the alley that leads back towards my backyard. So, I just wanted to know if the IP address (I used the IP checker tool, is that my IP which it shows?) is going to be the same as my regular IP or is it going to be different? I am not that techy, so I just wanna know. Thank you.
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Hello everyone this is my first post

Post by longedge »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

The result that you get from that link will give you your public IP address that is the address on the WAN (wide area network) the address used to communicate with other devices on the Internet. Devices attached to your home network, the LAN (local area network) have a different IP address perhaps something like 192.168.1.1. These addresses do not work outside your own network. You can read more at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network.

There are many ways to find the IP address of your camera on your LAN one of which is an Amcrest tool here - https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... g-Software
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Hello everyone this is my first post

Post by Revo2Maxx »

As said before Hello and Welcome to the Forum...

Also keep in mind that the IP Tools from Amcrest will only find Amcrest and other Dahua Products.. So if you have a Split system and use some Hikvision or other OEM of their brand they will not be Detected and would need a Second Tool to find and activate them.. (IP Portal)

One of the Plus things is that the Amcrest tool can find the IP cameras even outside of a IP that your on.. SO say as stated above the 192.168.1.xxx Range of IP however you bought a used IP camera from a Friend that uses a static ip of 10.1.223.xxx it will find the Range of that camera as well so you can change it and get it working on your network. Worse thing is not knowing what an ip address and have it turned off from replying to arp.. So another thing you can do is use the ARP command to find ips within range as well.. (Win10 PRess Win Key and R at the same time, type cmd, press enter, then type arp -a or -g and it will list the ips on your network..) There might be some from 224 kind of numbers they are multi cast IP's..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe