Hello all, narrow zoom poe camera?

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
gsucci

Hello all, narrow zoom poe camera?

Post by gsucci »

Hello,

I am a very happy customer, with a NVR + 5 eop cameras from Amcrest.
Hardware and software work nearly flawlessly, on the base, on PC and on iphone: it has been great so far.

I just register on these forums to ask:

I need a narrower poe camera, maybe 50 tp 40 degree horiz. view angle, possibly a bullet style.

What are my options?

Are third party poe cameras still not very compatible with Amcrest NVR or things have improved?

Thank you!

Regards

Gio
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Hello all, narrow zoom poe camera?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum..

Sadly without knowing what Camera or NVR you have right now it might be hard to give you some ideas...

Off my Head POE VariFocal Camera 4k POE would be IP8M-2454 But might be to large still at 58 to 110 Focal Motorized,
another one non motorized so Set and Forget would be IP8M-3493EW however it is yet larger FOV of 69 to 112 or around there...

Yes sadly you want Bullet style and these 2 are Dome type so not to sure most of the bullet style I know are Fixed Lens I am sure they have to have some VF or MF not sure that they have any that go as low as 40 to 50 though...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
gsucci

Post by gsucci »

Thank you Revo... I have a NV4108E-HS.

Actually, I found this camera, which zooms in to 12mm (30degree) although a reviewer wrote that is not a real x4 zoom but only 2.4...?

https://www.amazon.com/Amcrest-Varifoca ... op?ie=UTF8

It looks a nice camera, but I cannot justify the price...

thanks,

regards

gio
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah sadly you will not find many Quality built cameras of any Manufacture that is going to be under 200 normally...

2.4 I can't say that it is or isn't I can tell you that I personally have some cameras that I paid good chunk of Change for that are Varifocal however they are Manual.. I have had both some Dome cameras and some Bullet cameras where the full rotation of the Lens was obstructed by hardware... I have a Motorized Lens that also has something in the way and it has been about 3 years now since I looked at what it was but when the camera is apart I can adjust it much more then what I can with cover back on...

2.7mm to 12mm is a 4x zoom lens.. I don't want to talk bad about people that do some of the Reviews but there are some people out there that are just FULL OF _ _ _ _ ! I say this because I have seen people that do reviews talking about why this camera is better then that camera and talk up one manufacture over another because they like the one more then the other or was paid to... So I have seen people take something and zoom in and say no this isn't a 4x or 10 or 20 or even 30x zoom and to be fair it may not be 100% could be caused by Failure of Device like mine where I have taken them apart and seen the lens rotation fall short of the total rotation because of the IR Mounting post or even one of them the gearing wasn't setup right and with that one I made a small adjustment and now it has full range...

My 2.7 to 12mm Motorized Focal lens while I have had it apart and does say that it is a 2.7 to 12mm lens sadly I can't get it to Focus great at both ends of the spectrum and as such wouldn't be something I could call 4x even though by math it would be 4.4x However there is no way that I would say that it was 2.4x and I don't care if someone says that the item on paper don't show up 4 times as large or it can't be a 4x that is just BS... CCTV Lens are not designed that way...

About Cost! It is hard to say to be honest.. There are so many things when it comes to the cost of cameras.. I have some Very costly cameras from 2010 though 2016 some as high as 2k in price that camera at that price would have a better image then 80% of the cameras I have...

I will take some Snapshots with one of my 2.7mm to 12mm cameras mind you it is almost 9pm my time so image quality may not be the greatest but to be fair is only 2mp and I am not going to climb up to clean the lens as I think it needs it lol you will see..

Forgot my Password to my DVR so I had to Reset back to Factory and Setup the Zoom Prams again only took me 30 min lol So now it is almost 930 where before I started and wanted to take some Shots Couldn't Log in because I used a Pattern to log in local so couldn't remember my password for WebUI lol...

Mind you this isn't a 8mp and I paid almost as much for this camera as the one your looking at that will have better Picture Quality then mine will but to give you an idea Showing this set of pics so you can see the Speed sign with IR off it can be read when zoom in ir on no.. I have left out the Far out of focus in and out pictures because they are kind of large is size
Screenshot (62).png
Screenshot (62).png (1.32 MiB) Viewed 8793 times
Screenshot (66).png
Screenshot (66).png (1.16 MiB) Viewed 8793 times
Screenshot (67).png
Screenshot (67).png (1.15 MiB) Viewed 8793 times
Screenshot (68).png
Screenshot (68).png (2.34 MiB) Viewed 8793 times
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

By the way these are in 1080 format so if you want to see full size right click and open image in new tab to see full size picture forgot to mention
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Oh thought I would post a Picture of what a 1400$ camera picture looks like from 2014 LOL 2 thing need to note here this camera is about 30' plus in the air and the Flag is about 300' away, It is though 2 back yards and 2 front yards to get there from this camera oh and across a Street as well... This camera is only 600TVL so it isn't even 1mp in quality..

After they are seen I will remove them because this is large in size and just to have an idea of OLD bad Quality Looks worse because it is going though Network image on screen of local device didn't look so degraded...
Screenshot (71).png
Screenshot (71).png (2.79 MiB) Viewed 8792 times
Screenshot (70).png
Screenshot (70).png (1.03 MiB) Viewed 8792 times
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

@gsucci
If you can't find an appropriate Amcrest cam, see the Dahua(Loryta) cam listing below. Dahua makes most Amcrest cams. This one should work with Amcrest NVR. For wall mount, get the available wall mount bracket mentioned in listing. Or mount cam on wall with lens able to point down, and change cam settings to 180 flip with mirrow enabled. That should work if you don't need to pan lens left or right.
https://www.amazon.com/Loryta-IPC-T2231 ... ms&sr=1-10