HD-SDI 1080P to IP POE 4K (WOW)

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
wickedstangs

HD-SDI 1080P to IP POE 4K (WOW)

Post by wickedstangs »

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum a couple of question? I know I am a little late to the party. And I may have bought all the work parts. But, could sure use some good information.

My old setup was :
1 (Custom).JPG
1 (Custom).JPG (63.64 KiB) Viewed 1293 times
1-HDSDI IR Eyeball Dome FULL HD (1080p) Security Camera 4.3mm Mega-Pixel IR Fixed Lens • 25 IR LED / Range up to 60ft DC 12V • Smart IR

Next I decided to try the below to replace my current out dated one. so I purchased a Amcrest UltraHD 4K POE Turret IP Security Camera / 8-Megapixel 3840x2160 / 164ft Night Vision / MicroSD Recording / Metal Housing / IP67 Weatherproof / 2.8mm Lens / FOV 112° / IP8M-T2499EW-28MM (White)
2 (Custom).JPG
2 (Custom).JPG (47.83 KiB) Viewed 1293 times
Here they are side by side
3 (Custom).JPG
3 (Custom).JPG (78 KiB) Viewed 1293 times
Picture quality is better than before so I am happy for that.

BEFORE:
4 (Custom).PNG
4 (Custom).PNG (672.6 KiB) Viewed 1293 times
AFTER:
5 (Custom).jpg
5 (Custom).jpg (142.93 KiB) Viewed 1293 times
Now here comes the issue. I just purchased Amcrest NVR because I like the way the new camera looked and the ease of installation. I also downloaded Blue-Iris on the desktop and decide that is not the route, I would like to go. Now after reading all the reviews on the different cameras on IPCT and looking for more cameras to replace the below I torn between returning my NVR and getting cameras that you all talk about or can those cameras work with my NEW IN BOX NVR:) don't have an idea of what to do next.

I have 6 of these around my house. Most of was purchased back in 09 or 10. Can't remember.
HD-SDI Outdoor (IP68) 1080p Anti-IR Reflection Series Storm IR Dome Camera VF Lens. Anti-IR Reflection Series (The Shield). 2 pcs of High Powered IR Storm Case • 2.8~12mm Mega-Pixel Lens 1/2" Sony CMOS, Minimum Illumination - 0 Lux with IR on Auto Removable IR-Cut Filter (ICR) True Day & Night. Deep color and clear video at both day and night time DNR (Digital Noise Reduction) • D-WDR
6 (Custom).JPG
6 (Custom).JPG (96.31 KiB) Viewed 1293 times

Here is a night shot...
The attachment 7 (Custom).jpg is no longer available
Attachments
7 (Custom).jpg
7 (Custom).jpg (128.57 KiB) Viewed 1293 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: HD-SDI 1080P to IP POE 4K (WOW)

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. While I am not sure what cameras your asking about after the Return however I just was wondering why you didn't stay with BNC seeing you already have it in place. They have HD over Coax. So what is the Cameras your talking about as I cant say if it would go with your NVR or not?

Also depending on what DVR if you were to return for a HD dvr say 4mp or so could even use your IP camera with it as well.
Be Safe.
wickedstangs

Post by wickedstangs »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:45 pm Hello and welcome to the Forum. While I am not sure what cameras your asking about after the Return however I just was wondering why you didn't stay with BNC seeing you already have it in place. They have HD over Coax. So what is the Cameras your talking about as I cant say if it would go with your NVR or not?

Also depending on what DVR if you were to return for a HD dvr say 4mp or so could even use your IP camera with it as well.
Hello Revo2Maxx
Decided to stay with Amcrest and bought the NV4108E-HS 4K 8CH POE NVR. The reason I removed my HD-SDI is because of many reviews that I read online that IP Camera are the now the way of the future. and, I actually wanted a License Plate reader. When I changed out the above camera and saw the differences. I was like I need more, now on my 4th AMCREST cameral lol.

BEFORE
2.PNG
2.PNG (503.94 KiB) Viewed 1279 times
AFTER
1.PNG
1.PNG (404.03 KiB) Viewed 1279 times
James.S

Post by James.S »

Welcome to the forum, The before and after photos are really good.

We greatly appreciate your business and your satisfaction with the cameras :D