First camera

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
earthshaker

First camera

Post by earthshaker »

I got my first Amcrest product today an IP2M-841B. I got it working on wifi with my phone. I will need to do it again when I get it out to our other home. So far it seems like a good device. I need to find out how to get the app to store, the snapshots to a different folder on my phone however. I don't know if this is doable or not.
Next year I will get a whole new IP-POE system set up out at the other place. Will it be an Amcrest system? We will see how this first camera works for me.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: First camera

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

While there are a lot of people that like that camera to be Honest.. I am not sure what 841B you have because this camera has been made for many many many years I say this as something that is kind of Important lol.. 5+ years this camera has been going.. Starting from so long ago.. One of the 841's I have I have not looked at for almost that long had it on my house where my Son is living in WA and he sent it to me not long ago because he replaced it with a ASH21 for Human Detection that it has.. Anyway come to find out my Oldest camera has a MaC address that pre dates Amcrest and to be fair I have 2 others from 2015 that also pre dates Amcrest Mac address scheme..

Anyway where I was going with this is if you look at your Mac address and it is a 3c or 4c scheme then it is an Early Release 841 if it has a 9c then it dates around 2016 and above.. You can also look at the Camera Box that the camera came in and on the Blue part of the box will be a White Sticker.. That Sticker will also say what the Date of Manufacture is...

So I am not sure how far the FW system has progressed since the JS Release in 2019 but last known good FW was one that if you are connected to the Internet and on the WebUI for the camera going to the Update area if your on older FW last time I had a New OLD stock 841 pressing that gave me an updated version of the 2017 FW and to be fair I would Install that FW to test out the Camera if it still is offering it before downloading the 2019 and 2020 FW that is on the Website

IT will be something like 2.250 I would have to go look at one of mine for the whole thing.. Where the older fw will be a 2.420 and then like I said in 2017 it changed to 2.250xxxxxx think it was 6-2-2017 .. Anyway the new 2.420 has some odd things about it on some of the cameras.. 1 of the biggest issues on the New FW is after a weekly reboot if you keep it setup to reboot every week it will or can go all spazzed out. and will not keep your Preset area or load at a spot that you had it pointed... Some found this was the case if you had more then 3 Presets setup.. However I had one that only had Preset 1 set and it would Reboot and end up looking backwards... First time I thought wait one of my adult kids didn't put the camera back to Preset 1 after they were done.. Wasn't the case and after some banging my head on the wall I found it was a problem with the camera... Oddly I am thinking this issue is from the Motherboard Battery being dead.. Sadly they are not an Easy Battery to find and they are SOLDERED to the board so not something most people could just swap out... Oddly this issue happens less on the 2.250xxxx FW even when the battery is dead it really is just a Clock Battery and I guess has something to do with preset memory as well?

I Personally Like the Camera... Since bringing my IP cameras back into play in the last year or so I have 7 841's and 2 841POE's sadly one is Dead.. and an 721 as well it is like the 841 just a 720p version and mine is POE.. I do have some other IP domes and different branded IP bullets but my Collection is larger to the 841 side even though it can drive me insane at times lol... Challenge I like at times.. I will admit I do have one outdoors as well but is under a roof center 10x10 deck so 5' from sides and 10' from front so it is protected.. I do bring it in once the Freeze comes.. Most of my other PTZ domes that are for outdoors have heaters and blowers and made to be outdoors the 841 isn't...

Anyway I hope you got a good solid one.. I have far to many Cameras and recorders.. My wife says I like to collect things lol.. I do use my cameras so there is a use for them...

Keep in mind there are some issues or could be with older FW before the 2017 version so if it lets you update to that one by Pressing the Check for new FW after a Reboot or a few minutes after pressing the button is when it will offer a new FW if you have it connected with access to the Internet.. When you press the button it will feel like nothing has happened but give it some time to Reach out to the Amcrest Servers...

Good Luck and hope you find your 841 as Enjoyable as others that own them do..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
earthshaker

Post by earthshaker »

Mine has *Date:2019-10*, so I am assuming it is a year old, based on the date code. Today I am going to install the software on my laptop, since last night I didn't have time. This camera is going out to our other home next week so I can install it. I have an outside camera already in place there, it works like a champ...so far it isn't that cold, but winter is coming...
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Aww ok.. Well with the Date code like that I am going to guess that it has 2520 on it.. From what I know any pre dated cameras before the release of the JS coded FW would be released with non JS and leave to the customer..

Easy way to tell when you logged into the cameras WebUI did you do it over IE or Chrome? Wondering because I wouldn't want to get any my self that came with JS installed..

Then I guess the next question and all this is Mute is, Is this the real 841 or is this the strip down model 841 v3???

Anyway Chrome Support without you having Amcrest Chrome App would be JS fw if IE was used then it was on older FW before the 8-2019 install... I have yet to get a V3 I have some others I am going to get as well just had bunch of things goin on this year so I was not able to.. Lost 4 family members this year.. Sadly one of them to Covid, 2 were killed by others still at large and the 4th clot after covid recovery.. Been Trying times this year...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe