Dvr

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
Garthwilliams

Dvr

Post by Garthwilliams »

Hi guys. I have several years experience installing camera for a company and recently tried using one of the Amcrest ebay 4 Chanel DVR kits. It works fine except that periodically the remote view looses connection and doesn’t come back until the system is rebooted. Please help. The customer is extremely frustrated.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Dvr

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

Sadly need to have more info about the DVR in Question to get a better idea of what is going on!@?

Also Remote View? We talking about using the App or some other software

So here are some things to maybe go over...

1st, If the App was setup using a IP address the system will work only in the home or Network area.. IF the system (Not knowing what ones you working with) is able to be setup using P2P this is best for having access to the system while away from the home and using this method of setting up don't use the IP of the device it uses the Serial Number..

Off the top of my head that is all that comes to mind..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Garthwilliams

Post by Garthwilliams »

Yes I did mean the mobile app
And it is connected via the P2P connection to the router which is on DHCP. With bandwidth of 16Mbps down and 8Mbps up. The system works fine for a couple days then in the middle of the night it seem to just go offline. While it’s offline the camera is still viewable on the monitor. But not the app. We only regain connection if we reboot the dvr.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

To be honest I am not sure..

I would say to make a change in the NVR to make it a Static IP within the DVR Network settings.. Then make sure the settings reflect your Router as the Default Gateway, Then what always works for me and since Amcrest told me to 3 years ago to change my DNS over to 8.8.8.8 and Alt DNS to 8.8.4.4 and since I have not had an issue..

Now I am not sure what type of connection your on and really shouldn't matter, However it could be that your system is changing your IP for your Router and the P2P server has not had the Updated Info sent and doing a Reboot of the DVR makes that update with new IP.. I have had the same HOME IP for 4 years so that isn't an issue for me.. But might be an issue for someone that don't have a Static IP address from their ISP...

1 last thing, Maybe if your DVR is setup to not reboot every week maybe setup your Auto Maintain to Reboot the DVR every week at least..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Garthwilliams

Post by Garthwilliams »

Thanks I’ll see what changes I can make