Basic Recording/Cloud Questions

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
TanningLLC

Basic Recording/Cloud Questions

Post by TanningLLC »

New member, one IP3M-94B camera at a family cabin with 20Mbps internet service.

The question I have... the camera is streaming fine, and I have a 64 MicroSD card installed. Do I need to purchase a cloud subscription or am I able to view or save recorded images/video on the MicroSD card? I receive text motion notifications, but I am only able to see live streaming. I assume there is something I need to set up but the help/support information is not easy or clear, and trying to talk to someone in India has been helpful. Thanks!
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Basic Recording/Cloud Questions

Post by longedge »

I don't have any experience of using cloud services but one observation I would make is when you say you have a "20Mbps" service, that no doubt is your download speed. It is much more important to be aware of your upload bandwidth for example I generally achieve around 45 Mbps download but the best upload speed I ever get is around 7Mbps and that sometimes drops to around 3-4 Mbps. If you are already using part of your upload bandwidth for live streaming you might quickly run into problems if you add more traffic.

You can certainly store your recordings to the onboard MSD card. I only store video on the MSD card and save all snapshots to my NAS. They create far less network traffic than video files.

The best option might be to try out the free/included cloud storage to see how it works out. Obviously in your situation it makes sense to have at least some of your camera recordings stored offsite.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
ritchap

Post by ritchap »

I'm configuring a IP4m-1053EW and can not find the section to program the duration of a recording initiated by each motion detection. Can someone direct me please.
Thanks Al
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@ritchap

Hello and welcome to the Forum...

I am going to guess your talking about the Storage Control?
Under Setup, Then under Storage, Then Record Control. The top number in there is how long you want the recordings to be in each set of files when your recording to MSD or FTP and or NAS.
Be Safe.