ASH21-B-V3

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
dnieskes

ASH21-B-V3

Post by dnieskes »

Hello from Wisconsin!!

I just purchased my second wireless Amcrest SmartHome camera.
Setup was flawless on both using iPhone. Quality is really good for the price.
My problem is I can not figure out how to turn this new camera off so I can insert the SIM card?
I called tech support but that was a great failure, because neither one of us could understand each other,
they ultimately hung up on me :roll:

So any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: ASH21-B-V3

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Remove power manually tilt head to slot insert card once inserted right plug camera back in
Be Safe.
dnieskes

Post by dnieskes »

Thank you.

I returned it because I need to remotely turn on/off.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry that wasn't what you had asked for, As such you asked about inserting a Card? So that was why I offered best way to insert card.

Then what there is the camera can be turned off ViA WebUI. Now you talk about Remote and that might be little harder as I don't see any way to do so off the AVP.. However on the WebUI accessing the cameras IP, there is a Privacy Mode that one can press and the camera will Move the head down, go black and audio will go offline. Need to return to online state then pressing that button once again will return the camera back to online with Audio Active..

Ash21 is like the 841v3 in most ways. However it is a Smarthome Product, uses different app, that camera can be turned off by Remote via the app.

So my guess is that with a little time and it might be there now I just don't use it so I have not looked. I have seen the option on the v3's WebUI seeing I do use the WebUI more then the app. However if it wasn't there, On the forum there is an area that one can add a Request for Feature and there you could have posted that you wanted it added to the app and for the V3 it might have been a feature added to new app roll out..

Sorry didn't understand your needs better. When asking about inserting card only had me with what I posted for how I insert my ASH21 or 841v3 cards..
Be Safe.
Thoughts4You

Post by Thoughts4You »

I'm guessing he/she meant that after removing the power source manually, inserting the microsd card, power it back on, he/she could not remotely turn on/off the device and thus ultimately returned it.