Any luck with support?

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
eduaqa

Any luck with support?

Post by eduaqa »

Does any one had luck using the support call/contact?
From my last 10 request on the last 2-3 year I had 0 case solved.
The support only knows how do google with the word you put on the case and send links
They have no idea what they are talking about
Maybe is just me, but, I would like hear the member here.
Thanks.
Jlg

Re: Any luck with support?

Post by Jlg »

New buyer and all support did was try to sell me $300 worth of anti virus software
leadinglights

Post by leadinglights »

Most organizations now rely on community support through forums but the forums have pretty much become inactive. Fortunately, most devices are now so cheap that it is practical to throw them away if you can't find out how to make them do what you want. I recently threw out recently purchased Amcrest doorbell and replaced it with an old doorbell, a new security camera, and a fairly vintage intercom - this kludge does exactly what I wanted.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

all support did was try to sell me $300 worth of anti virus software
@jig - Amcrest doesn't sell anti virus software. This was your first post so I can't tell if you are being serious.
Most organizations now rely on community support through forums but the forums have pretty much become inactive.
@leadinglights - You probably didn't get a response to your first post "hello and goodbye" because you ended it saying you threw your AD110 away and were leaving. Not a whole lot of point wasting time on assisting you with why you couldn't set up the AD110 because you refuse to use a SmartPhone and were instead tried to cobble up Android emulation software designed for games.
Does any one had luck using the support call/contact?
@eduaqa - That's a reasonable question, and I see that only 1 of your 3 posts for help were replied to in this forum. I have very rarely contacted support in the past, but recently I do have some experience to share.

My AD410 video suddenly became blurry, like it was out of focus. After doing a factory reset didn't solve it, I opened a case with Amcrest Support and attached images showing the problem. I followed up with a call to support an hour later and was surprised that the call was answered in a minute. The agent then reviewed my case notes and agreed the doorbell had to be returned and then issued me a RMA code and link to have it shipped back at no cost to me.

5 business days later, the RMA dept received my return, then notified me with a FedEx tracking# a replacement was on its way. 3 bus. days later, I received a brand new boxed AD410. Not bad at all.

A couple of days ago, I opened a new support case, and after a couple of more exchanges asking for more details, the problem was identified by 3rd level R&D and solved today.

So, lately - my experience with support hasn't been bad at all.