Add X10 LF3 Cam to Amcrest NVR NV5216 (non poe)

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
ThatGirl

Add X10 LF3 Cam to Amcrest NVR NV5216 (non poe)

Post by ThatGirl »

I have several X10 LF3 Wifi IP Cameras which I have added to my NV5216 NVR as ONVIF. Randomly, the NVR will not display some of the cams. Also, I am unable to adjust the video configuration for each camera. I will state that I am somewhat of a novice, but I tried to follow the same logic process as when I set up my Samsung network cams and Samsung DVR. Are my issues simply because I am using a third party camera? I appreciate any feedback. Also, should I be using the webviewer when on my laptop or should I download amcrest software for laptop viewing?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Add X10 LF3 Cam to Amcrest NVR NV5216 (non poe)

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

Sadly I am not sure about your X10 camera Only X10 I heard of is many many years ago.

Things that might be important to setting up a camera on your NVR. There is a Minimum and max for settings so sadly if the camera is not able to be configured to the standard of Multi View Encoding then when the NVR is in that setup you won't be able to see the camera.

Here is why I say this. I have a Camera (Older Samsung IP camera) It is a Single Stream camera in 3mp format. So if I want to be able to see the camera I would have to setup the camera in a view that would work on the Multi view format So it does still record just can't watch it in Multi Preview mode in Single camera it is fine.
Another camera while it is a Dual stream camera sadly it has a format that don't fit within my Amcrest NVR's multi view screen view so again this camera I can use in Single and it will record however if I was to say use my Cell phone to view the camera and it was caused by bad network connection because I am almost out of my Cell range to Sub for view I again will not be able to see the camera..

So for me if there is cameras that are not able to work as expected on my system and to make me feel more secure for my self and my family I will without a doubt change out the cameras to ones that work as expected...

Log into the Cameras in Question and make sure the Main and Sub Streams are setup within the scope of your NVR system. For the Sub Stream 1 it should be set up for 640x480
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Add X10 LF3 Cam to Amcrest NVR NV5216 (non poe)

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So by your post I was under the Impression that you were able to get your cameras to work on some but not on other of the X10 however looking up the camera it is somewhat as I expected a Product by the company I had my cameras from many moon ago that don't work outside its own eco system.. So from what I seen within that camera it says from what I see that it will work with iphone droid and PC but don't have any info of being ONVIF or CGI or any other form that the NVR would be able to gain access from the camera.

So with that it looks like your going to want to get some other cameras to work with your Amcrest NVR. IF your looking at different branded cameras outside Amcrest your going to want to make sure they are ONVIF.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe