A little RMA help for new member?

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
rongrandia

A little RMA help for new member?

Post by rongrandia »

Order # SO200000015031400438056526334

Hi folks -

I wish my first post were more positive, but I am having RMA/Customer service problems that I can't seem solve on my own and so far Amcrest hasn't been much help. It's possible I've been barking up the wrong tree, and I hope that's the case. You can jump to the end if you want to avoid my cranky story.

I purchased an NVR/camera package and a 1080p doorbell directly from Amcrest. I was most excited about the doorbell cam to replace an aging IP2m that I have under the eaves. (Yes, I know it's supposed to be an indoor cam, but dang that thing just works!) The doorbell was DOA. Almost. It was really balky during the setup, but I got it - or thought I did - it would randomly reset every 10 minutes or so. Then every 5 minutes or so, then less, then nothing. Dead. No lights. Nada. 22 volts from the transformer, plenty of current.

Tried the RMA form. It wants me to talk to support before I can even start the RMA process. Fine. It's the way it works. I called support, they wanted to blame the transformer. I explain my troubleshooting so far - I build/repair hifi and ham radio gear for a hobby. It ain't the transformer. I know that this is par for the course with most front-line support, so I ask to escalate. No soap. I figure I just got a surly CSR, so I call again. Same runaround. More phone calls, more of the same.

FINALLY got an approval code, but the RMA form does not like something I am giving it. (And I am not trying to sound like a complainer, but have you ever tried the RMA form? It's bananas! Individual serial numbers and IMEI numbers? I bought directly from Amcrest - Wouldn't an order number suffice? Also, none of this is listed on invoice or packing slip, so I have to dig.) The bottom line is that after all of this, I cannot move to the next stage. The web form will not generate anything but an error message. CSR's just keep referring me to the web portal. What's a fella got to do to just process the return of a defective item and the rest of the order?

TLDR;
* I have an order of multiple items, one of which was DOA.
* Based on customer support issues, I think it's best I return the whole order (without "restocking penalty, but at this point, I'd
cough that up if it gets the hjob done.
*Phone support was very difficult, but I finally have "the code." On to the RMA form!
*Web RMA form is choking I can't seem to use the RMA form to get my return going.
*Phone support can't do anything but refer me back to the web form. Even after escalating.

Help!

Thanks in advance. Maybe in the future I can add some Amcrest to the stable, but I've since installed (another manufacturer) and am quyite happy with the system. Still love my IP2m, though!

Is there a domestic number I can call? Are there other channels I should be trying? I'm open to hearing directly from someone at Amcrest. Thanks!
rongrandia

Re: A little RMA help for new member?

Post by rongrandia »

Feeling a little more hopeful for a quick and painless resolution. Got a pretty speedy reply, but I'm not sure I'm out of the woods yet. Fingers crossed. Will report back.
rongrandia

Re: A little RMA help - UNBELIEVABLY unhelpful so far.

Post by rongrandia »

I'm not the complainer type, but WOW. It takes a lot to get me frustrated, but I am beyond there.

I still can't get past the form. I cannot get any useful help besides being directed back to the form. Direct questions will not be answered, and I keep getting handed information that I have already established does not work.

Me: "I'm not even sure if I am using the right form. There are so many."

CSR: Here's a pile of links. Figure out which one applies. Good luck with that."

Me: Thanks, but that was kind of my question. I found this link on the website under returns. (Link to "orders and returns") is this right?

CSR: [resends pile of links without comment]

Me: Huh? How about that link I referenced? The one not in the giant pile. (Pre-sales questions? Drone support?) Any thoughts about the link. That says "returns?"

CSR: You will need to contact support first so they can determine whether your item is defective or not, etc..."

Me: I've done that. We covered this in a previous email. But bck to my question about that link? It's for returns, which seems right, as apposed to RMA. I I just want to return merchandise that I don't want. I try putting in my order number, but it keeps coming up as invalid, so that leaves me wondering if that might be where it's hanging up?

CSR: You will need to contact support first so they can determine whether your item is defective or not, etc..."

Is it possible this a passive agressive bot?

If there is someone at Amcrest stateside that can communicate with me like a human and help me get through your return process, I will be eternally grateful. I'll bake a cake. I'll send you a case of your favorite (beverage) I'll sing your praises to your supervisor and insist you get a 20% raise. I won't tell anyone that Amcrest was helpful. It will our little secret.

I remain hopeful. Thanks!