Your apps suck

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
HalcyonHaylon

Re: Your apps suck

Post by HalcyonHaylon »

Its 2019 and they still suck
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry don't get why people have to have such ill will for others. While a APP may not fit your needs rather then Trash the people that build them maybe offer some insight to what you want to see in future release of the app maybe the camera don't do what you want it to so Buy a camera that does...

https://amcrest.com/forum/feature-device-request-f31/

May put in there what you want to see in a new release Just a idea
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
RogerWazup007

Post by RogerWazup007 »

I strongly agree. After hours of trying four different Armcrest programs, apps, and websites that can all show a live feed, I haven't been able to get any of them to schedule a nonstop recording from set times. I've only been able to get the Windows program to manually record nonstop, and I've only been able to get one of the apps to somewhat reliably set up motion detection. Even then, the minimum 10-second delay is atrocious, and the cloud website is extremely counter-intuitive to use when I want to watch and save any clips. I'm someone who normally helps everyone else with technology, but Armcrest software seems almost designed to be unreliable, perhaps to minimize cloud storage.
rocketjedi

Post by rocketjedi »

2022 the app still sucks. Half the time I cant get the cameras to display. I ahve to open and close the camera screens non stop until it decides to work. Unreal trash.
rocketjedi

Post by rocketjedi »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:36 pm Sorry don't get why people have to have such ill will for others. While a APP may not fit your needs rather then Trash the people that build them maybe offer some insight to what you want to see in future release of the app maybe the camera don't do what you want it to so Buy a camera that does...

https://amcrest.com/forum/feature-device-request-f31/

May put in there what you want to see in a new release Just a idea
great answer! throw the money spent in the trash and spend more $$ on a new camera. Great idea! :roll:
Artemis1313

Post by Artemis1313 »

2023 and your apps still suck. It has been over six years since the OP posted and obviously there's been zero work done on these garbage apps. I mean to simply make them work, not make them top notch examples of this type of software. Just functional - which they are NOT. Seems like a shame, since the cameras themselves seem decent enough. The software is about as bad of a piece of software as I have ever seen. I guess the joke is on me for not doing enough due diligence, so well played Amcrest you got my $$$. You'll never get another one though.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So you have a camera that you say you like however you don't like the App. as I have posted in 2019 rather then taking bad about not buying another camera maybe some insight into what you find isn't good in the app.. Personally it does what I want and need it too. I mean you can't make an app do something that your camera can't do.

I think part of the problem is that some people use an idea from a JUNK camera that is App based and think that everything that that camera can do in the app that Amcrest App should as well. It don't work that way.. Amcrest is a Real Security Camera that offers WebUI. That means that using the cameras IP and or using Amcrest ASP to access a camera over P2P then you can access the cameras WebUI from the ASP.. However all the setup in the camera would be best in a Web Browser and to be honest IE. Seeing Chrome and Edge is little watered down. Good news is there is IE tab in Edge that MS said they will support until 2029 so there is options.

Rather then saying what you won't do or that you think something Sucks maybe offer some ideas at what you feel could make it better. Just keep in mind that the APP isn't a Controller it is more for LIVE VIEW and Playback and other things that it offers are just a Plus to the system. I mean have a PTZ camera the app can control that too. I mean I have more then my share of cameras and apps. While there are some that work little better then the Amcrest app most of them apps are just for cameras that are PURE App Driven that (don't offer 1/8 of what Amcrest or Dahua cameras offer as they are real Security Cameras) and not toys. This is a picture of all the different apps that I use for all the different brand cameras I own. There are a few others I don't have on that page so they are not shown but out of all I own, Amcrest might not be the feature rich app however it is the fastest and easiest to use.
Screenshot_20230410_190808_One UI Home_resized.jpg
Screenshot_20230410_190808_One UI Home_resized.jpg (277.33 KiB) Viewed 486 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
madmacks

Post by madmacks »

Your answer is simply lame. I have around 15 Amcrest cameras that I’ve purchased over the last 4 years. I’ve spent hours and hours going back and forth with Amcrest support staff and all I get are canned answers. You say the software does what you want…bully for you. I am a Mac user, and their Mac support is total CRAP. Period. They advertise that they work/support Mac, but they don’t. The desktop software is years old and crashed on launch. You can relaunch and it “runs” but doesn’t work in an effective way. Their web interface works OK on windows but sucks on Safari, and their so called plug in doesn’t work. Any company that says, or implies, they work with Mac OS should stand by that commitment. Amcrest simply doesn’t. Yes, I could go to a different company, but with an incremental investment in over a dozen cameras I shouldn’t have to expect sub-par support for cameras that claim to work with Macs.

I understand you don’t work for Amcrest (I think I saw that in another post), but Amcrest should be working to resolve these issues. Lame statements about why end users should jump thru hoops are just that, lame.
madmacks

Post by madmacks »

As I’ve said on other posts, if they wont support their software maybe they should simply publish their camera APIs and put their software in the public domain.

From the current web site…

Compatibility: Requires Mac OS X, version 11.0, or later. Supports up to Big Sur 11.2 with M1 chip.

Last software update was on 12 Mar 2022.

Current Mac OS is MacOS 13.3.1 and Apple are on M2 chips now. So two major OS updates, annd lots of minor updated, and a new chip family and Amcrest is still WAY behind. Simply unacceptable.
madmacks

Post by madmacks »

And “Supports up to Big Sur 11.2 with M1 chip” doesn’t mean actually works. I don't consider a software package that might launch, but doesn’t provide full functionality, and is very un-Mac like to support the Mac. When I reached out to their so called support team they said use the webUI to configure things. When I pointed out that doesn’t work with Safari they said they'd refer it to their development team. LAME, LAME, LAME…