Wrong timestamps of recorded videos 01-01

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
bhc

Wrong timestamps of recorded videos 01-01

Post by bhc »

I have a 4K dome POE camera IP8M-2493E. The videos are recorded with a wrong date time of 01-01. In live view mode, it shows the correct date and time. It also showed the correct current time when I logged in the camera. I sync'ed the time with the PC and rebooted the camera and that fixed the problem, but not for long. The problem came back after one or two weeks. This has happened several times. Has anyone experienced this problem and how did you fix it?
mupimohan

Re: Wrong timestamps of recorded videos 01-01

Post by mupimohan »

I have the IP8M-2496 and it shows the time that is 2 hrs behind the PC time.

Yes I did sync it to the PC and it was fine but after a while it puts the wrong timestamp.

This model is a disaster, especially after upgrading the firmware.
I can neither playback the recordings from the SD using the web browser (either in Chrome or IE) nor I can download the recordings from the SD card. I also cant save any changes made to the motion detection schedule or sensitivity etc.

I have found that posting here is just a waste of time as the Amcrest techs never respond. Even those you respond have very little knowledge and all they can say is the same darn thing i.e do a factory reset.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and sorry to hear about the issue with your camera.

I don't work for Amcrest and only offer info that I can think it could be. While the info may or may not help.

I had same issue, Please check the settings of the camera and turn off NTP and also turn off DST. I was having an issue where the Time was right sometimes and then when I wanted to look for something in my Event log that I have sent to my Phone I couldn't find the event on my FTP server. Since I un checked them 2 boxes the TIme has been right and stays right so far without fail.

Also please if you have and want to use the Amcrest Cloud what ever you do in your Camera you need to make the Change in the Cloud setting as well. If you don't the Cloud will Change all settings back to what the Cloud setting were.

Be Safe
James
Be Safe.
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

The issue was caused by buggy firmware upgrade in my case and nothing else as it was working fine before. I upgraded in a hope to fix another issue. This is s test firmware and should not have been released even for testing as Amcrest folks themselves dont seem to have tested it well. Please see my posts in the firmware thread
bhc

Post by bhc »

I turned off DST and re-synchronized the time with the PC. It worked for a while but the problem came back. The time was set to 2000-01-01 twice during the last several days.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello sorry to hear the issue is constant. While I am not sure what the problem is and seeing it changes the date back to a date before the camera was even built seems really strange. Crazy thing is I had a camera from another company a very costly PTZ 37x that would set the time to some crazy time. Time that couldn't even be made because the format was wrong even lol See Photo below... Anyway in my fix for that camera I had to replace the battery that was on the PCB sadly it wasn't just as easy as pulling one out it was soldered in... Once changed out it works well keeps date and time and all settings as required...

For your problem I would maybe reach out to the Amcrest Support staff if it is in Warranty time. If you bought it used and out of warranty it could be the old owner might have tried to install something in the camera that has it messed up.. IP cameras and things with Firmware it is important for me to make sure I buy new from Rep Sellers.
Screenshot (313).png
Screenshot (313).png (696.33 KiB) Viewed 1154 times
Edit, Redid the Picture to take out the Logo of DVR as it isn't needed in picture
Be Safe.
bhc

Post by bhc »

I contacted Amcrest support and they would send me a replacement since it was still under warranty. Unfortunately, I could not return the camera because I trimmed off the big rubber part on the cable during the installation because I didn't want to drill such a big hole. Anyway, my camera still resets the date and it always does that on Saturday morning.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok.. So to help...

Go into your WebUI, Setup, Left side Click System, Then Auto Maintain and turn off weekly reboot... Set the time and not more issues... Sadly it sounds like a dead Clock Battery....
Be Safe.