WLD895- video stream without app

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jasonsf

WLD895- video stream without app

Post by jasonsf »

I was just given an old WLD895 system with monitor. The camera and monitor communicate with each other just fine. Apparently I cannot download the app for remote viewing anymore. What I'd like to know is if there is a way to get the video stream via code to integrate it with other home automation. Does the P2P protocol work without that app? Can the video stream be intercepted locally without having to go through the P2P servers?

Looking to pull the stream in to home assistant or frigate.

Thanks!
Pogo

Re: WLD895- video stream without app

Post by Pogo »

It should be pulling an IP address from somewhere -- presumably via wi-fi. See what your router/dhcp server shows and go from there. If an address is found, scan it for available ports and hope for RTSP port 554 somewhere in the mix. There's your stream.

Several possibilities exist for the Amcrest URL convention to pull the stream. This link breaks it down to the component level.
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... Using-RTSP

P2P may be possible, but that would usually be a whole other discussion without Amcrest at each end of such a link. That said, this may be another solution if it works as advertised. I've seen a demo on YouTube that did what it says it will do, but couldn't find the particular vid easily as there are quite a few in different languages. It will basically set up P2P connectivity to anything given the right information to work with. Seems a little dark to consider a third party for a P2P solution, but it may be worth a look anyway. It's a fairly comprehensive package similar to the Dahua and other familiar model layouts. https://www.jovision.de/software/
jasonsf

Post by jasonsf »

Thanks. It does get an IP but basic port scanning pulls up nothing. nmap scanning seems to find some udp ports but I can't find any stream using vlc. The scan did find a manufacturer base don the MAC address- Tranwo. I searched on that and found an app called eyeSecurity. Amazingly, using the p2p credentials, that app found the camera, all 4 channels (I have the one camera on channel 2) and it is pulling a stream. Now at least I know it is possible to get the stream outside of the hardware monitor. I'll have to try to figure out how the app is pulling it, but it is a start!
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Try an 'Intense Scan, all TCP ports'. If port 80 is an option and you can somehow pull a stream through a GUI, you can then also analyze the page content itself to possibly identify the RTSP url for viewing in VLC and/or other streaming viewers like tinyCam, etc.

Then there's also Wireshark for deeper real-time analysis.

But at least you found an app!