Wireless Camera IP2M-841B remote access issue (MOCA)

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jcgoldie

Wireless Camera IP2M-841B remote access issue (MOCA)

Post by jcgoldie »

Hi I have 5 of these little wifi cameras. 3 of them I have had for a couple of years in my old barn to watch for goats kidding. They are connected to wifi router in the barn which goes to the router at my house via underground ethernet cable 300' long. I can access them from anywhere in the house or barn or remotely on the internet via amcrestview pro app on my iphone. They work great. I recently built a new barn in a different location and wanted to wire it for a similar setup. Unfortunately when I trenched the water and electric out there I was in a hurry and instead of buying ethernet cable I had a stupid lapse and ran coax in the trench. Well I hooked up 2 new 841 IP cameras through this using MOCA running the signal through the coax rather than dig a new trench for ethernet. They work fine on my network I can access them normally anywhere at the house. But when I try to access them remotely via internet it just spins and spins trying to connect. I assume it has something to do with the signal going through MOCA, but before I spend $100 on ethernet cable and a day reburying it I was wondering if anyone had a solution to this problem why it isnt working remotely through coax or if there is an easier fix? Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Wireless Camera IP2M-841B remote access issue (MOCA)

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

I would double check and make sure that you setup your other cameras the same way as the first.. Sounds like the first are setup using what is called P2P and the second I am going to guess was setup using the IP setup. If that is the case you will want to Remove the cameras from the app and add them again this time using the P2P setup and it will require you to have the Serial Number you can Scan the camera or you can choose to enter it manually. Once this is done it should work. Also something to note the IP for the cameras and the IP for the device both might need to be able to be seen from the Internet.

Meaning if the MOCA is on 1 IP and the other 2 are behind that IP but the Internet can't reach there then the cameras won't work using P2P..

Also if the cameras were setup before using IP method someone might have turned off the P2P in the camera settings. Via your computer type in the cameras IP, then log in go to Setup in the top right area, then click on left side bar Network, Then Tcp/IP and in there should be P2P if that isn't enabled you will want to enable that..

Network also has to be setup right, Good IP for the cameras, DNS, Gateway and Network Host all need to be right for DNS if in usa I use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and have no issues with P2P connections away from the cameras locations. I have some even 3 or 4 tiers behind routers and as long as the routers all have access to the Internet I have not had an issue..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

@jcgoldie
Just to verify that it is possible, I can access a wifi camera through a MoCA network using local or remote Amcrest View Pro P2P.  I used the following device on an existing MoCA network from a provider of cable TV and internet.
https://www.amazon.com/Actiontec-Dual-B ... 587&sr=8-8
jcgoldie

Post by jcgoldie »

Thank you thank you I dont know what worked but I messed around with all the settings that you mentioned (most of which I dont understand what they do) on my barn router last night and this morning I can see the goatees. All ready for kids thanks again!

https://i.ibb.co/HzTwdLk/5-B2-A3773-CE9 ... 245-A9.jpg