White LED or IR LEDs what do you prefer

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

White LED or IR LEDs what do you prefer

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I thought I would setup a camera to show what it can look like when Humid outside while using IR on a camera in B/W and what it can look like in Color white white LEDS on.. Please note that I do have other cameras that I could have ran the test on. The one in the front of the house at this time has very little Humid trails because it just isn't that bad in that area at this time. The other camera I should have used however having to access the WebUI of the camera and turn on the White LED's would have taken time that I was afraid I might have missed the Window to show so I used cameras that were already with IR LED on and White LED on with a camera in color..

Reason behind this post and the Video is to show the 2 different LED types for the people that live in an area like mine where it rains a lot or has very humid days and night and wrong time of season but Snows a lot here as well..

For an area that don't have many bugs, or loads of humid weather and little to no rain or snow White LEDs at night and camera is color is great and so would IR either way. In my area having White or IR leds on either way will show up and give False Motion triggers the whole time..

Picture of the Color camera in this Video isn't Amcrest and to be honest I no longer even like the Brand of that camera and DVR that it is connected to so the Camera is PIR that to me is worthless, the DVR is AI in nature but lacks many things to make it work right.. Only reason I still use the DVR is because it's TVI and I have a lot of TVI cameras. The DVR don't have RS-485 and all of my Analog UTC cameras don't work with it even though they should and kind of do one a few but not well enough to make me happy.. The Amcrest Cameras are viewed using ASP on a P2P connection using the cameras SN rather then the IP address for access.. A 2015 841, and a 1051 and have the IR on the 1051 off using the IR of the 841 to light its path..

https://youtu.be/gu0hRy1Wl_0
Be Safe.
jack7

Re: White LED or IR LEDs what do you prefer

Post by jack7 »

I have high humidity and fog sometimes but don't remember seeing humidity pods moving across like that!
My IP2M-858 has a Defog setting which you may be familiar with.   I've used it a few times in fog and it did help some.  It probably adjusts picture settings,  particularly contrast.
Here's a video that demonstrates Defog.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ervGXd1S7Q
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

In my Area I have nights when I walk out side from nice AC house and at a good feeling body temp as soon as I hit the outdoors it is like I walked though a water fall... People think this only happens in the summer months but this happens around here all the time even with snow on the ground... I personally like the look and effects it has to the sight of things around. Just isn't good when it comes to having a camera system setup on Motion only because if there is no way to know if it is real motion of something or loads of little floating things the night Motion in IR and White LED at night is all night or at least the whole time it is going on..

The 850 does have Defog yes and I have it even in some of my Analog TVI cameras and my Samsung cameras. For me personally I found that at the right time it can help however it degrades the Video Performance or it can if set to high so normally I keep it off.

Last night looking at the light of the Ash26 caught a fast less the 40 second clip with my Samsung S9 phone this video shows just how humid it was as it can be seen well with the Ash26 lights on.. https://youtu.be/ObebDp4TOKI

That is one of the things that I kind of go wow when people make some claims about how this or that works when it comes to CCTV. There is so many different things that can happen for one that may or may not happen for another. Dark one day say last night might be not as dark as it would be tonight or some time last week. So a View of 2 camera or more even hour or 2 apart can have way different affect on how things look...
Be Safe.
Gormonioss

Post by Gormonioss »

Before buying chips, you should imagine what you are counting on. What result do you want to get? If you have an irresistible desire to change the lighting in living rooms, then you should pay attention to ultra-bright LEDs. If you want to light up an aquarium or a corridor, it is enough to purchase low–power diodes. It all depends on the number of strip lights that will be used. The main characteristics to pay attention to are color, power, operating current, and light data. In your case, it is still worth focusing on the white LED because it will be more powerful.