Where's the controls?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
patric

Where's the controls?

Post by patric »

Where are the controls in this screengrab from an IP8M-T2499EW with the "new" firmware, viewed on a PC with Chrome?
5e5t86ied1.jpg
5e5t86ied1.jpg (87.48 KiB) Viewed 793 times
jack7

Re: Where's the controls?

Post by jack7 »

They were eliminated. But remember, you no longer have a plug-in!
patric

Post by patric »

jack7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:50 pm They were eliminated. But remember, you no longer have a plug-in!
The fulscreen setting? The fluency setting? The playback controls? That cant be. This system would be worthless.

These controls gone?
older-fw-1.jpg
older-fw-1.jpg (19.35 KiB) Viewed 777 times
older-fw-2.jpg
older-fw-2.jpg (39.87 KiB) Viewed 777 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes sadly that is one of the things I noticed on some of my IP camera FW updates that some of the things I use are no longer there.. While in the start of things it bothered me however it is long enough time now that I don't even think about the items that are no longer there.. However I will admit there was some items that had been removed that I couldn't live without and I did buy some OLD Stock still Sealed in package that I will not update until they return the removed items if they don't I will just have to buy different cameras that suit my needs..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
patric

Post by patric »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:30 pm Yes sadly that is one of the things I noticed on some of my IP camera FW updates that some of the things I use are no longer there.. While in the start of things it bothered me however it is long enough time now that I don't even think about the items that are no longer there.. However I will admit there was some items that had been removed that I couldn't live without and I did buy some OLD Stock still Sealed in package that I will not update until they return the removed items if they don't I will just have to buy different cameras that suit my needs..
You really cant even play back video from the camera?

There has to be a way to downgrade the firmware; that, or a way to specify which firmware you get when (or if) you buy any more of these.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly is hard to say.. Most times buying new they come with Released FW installed and that is normally older 2018 or so... IF it is a newer camera and released in 2019 or 2020 then it would come stock with FW from that year...

So what I have done is when I contact a Seller either it be Amcrest or Someone that says they have older Stock new I ask them to confirm the Release day on the package that is on the Sticker inside the Plastic Wrap.. As we get longer into 2020 and then 2021 it might be harder to find other cameras with release FW...

FW from 2018 to 2015 is going to have the older non JS fw and these should have all features we once knew.. People that are buying the camera for first time might not even know there is something missing if you have never had it then you don't know it was ever there...
Be Safe
patric

Post by patric »

Here's the reply from support, missing the question:

Question: I have several of this model, one I just installed has newer firmware and no way to play back or download video from the SD card on a browser (chrome). Several other controls are missing, like full-screen, Fluency, etc.
I access my cameras remotely by PC over LAN but often by WAN from other cities.

Tech Support Answer:
We always recommend to factory reset the device after firmware update.
What is the status of SD card?
Thank you & Have a great day

Um, no.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I can tell you that doing a Reset after a FW update is kind of needed to flush out older info.. Case in point.. I did an update on my AD110 and even though I did a Reboot x2 and a Reset for some reason it didn't really reset the camera and when I did a Config back up I had over 2000 lines of trash in the camera I know this because a week later after doing yet another Reset this time the Reset took hold and rather then having 7575 lines in my Config Back up I only now have 5342 lines in the Config back up taken by same method of backup...

So While I can't say it will correct your issue I wonder if the Controls that the Camera or NVR is looking for is from Old Method and with the NEW FW install by doing a Reset would FLUSH out the Conflicting Code that is making so your Controls are missing????
Be Safe
patric

Post by patric »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:08 pm Well I can tell you that doing a Reset after a FW update is kind of needed to flush out older info..
I Did Not Do A Firmware Update.

It came from the factory that way, with V2.622.00AC000.0.R, Build Date: 2019-10-24.

Interesting note; when you try to open the new FW camera in Internet Explorer, the missing controls show up but are inoperable.
newFW-1.jpg
newFW-1.jpg (25.36 KiB) Viewed 742 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hummm That is interesting... Did you buy it from Amcrest or a 3rd Party?

Also understand that there is a New FW update for your camera data for 2020... I wonder if that was an issue for your camera as the first was 10-2019 and next was 5 months later 3-2020.. I would put in the NEW FW and do a Reset and see if that cures it.. It sounds like the system has old and NEW fw inside an needs reset as it sits but with a new FW I would just try that.. IF that don't work then I would maybe contact Amcrest about getting a new one if that one is bad.. It don't see right that it would not have things that would make it work.. By the way I have had some things from AMcrst and others that was said to be one way and it wasn't until after I personally Did a FW update and Reset that I got what the data sheet said it should be able to do.. like a DVR bought in 2016 or 17 I can't remember now however said it was Ip able but there was no option Did an update to a 2015 FW from the 2015 FW and it was there after a Reset.. To this day I don't understand why but it was same FW and it wasn't until after I was told be Tier 2 support to install FW that was on the FW page of the same number that it worked..

Sadly I have some older cameras from Dahua that don't have FW updates and I use Chrome to make changes to the camera even though I can't see the camera in chrome I can make changes and it is reflected in the camera showing in my NVR lol
Be Safe