Where's the controls?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
patric

Re: Where's the controls?

Post by patric »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:34 pm Hummm That is interesting... Did you buy it from Amcrest or a 3rd Party?

Also understand that there is a New FW update for your camera data for 2020... I wonder if that was an issue for your camera as the first was 10-2019 and next was 5 months later 3-2020.
Purchased from Amcrest Direct thru Amazon, but my most recent Amazon purchase was fulfilled by CameraTec.
Amcrest Direct shipped me a mix of old and new firmware. CameraTec shipped new FW.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Just asked my Contact at Amcrest and I was told that Amcrest sells NEW stock with old FW the New 2019 or 2020 FW cameras and NVR's don't come with that FW loaded when bought NEW if Open box or Referb then it is anyones guess what one might get.. Was also told that if buying from Amazon as NEW someone might not get it NEW if not sent from TX and got it from a Amazon Fulfillment Center this data you can find out by looking at your Tracking if it was from TX Amcrest location then it is new old FW. Unless the Camera itself was Released with and Designed after 2019 (meaning no other Models came before it) they might only have a JS FW for them like the AI cameras and NVR's I am going to guess they are 2020 or 2019 loaded...
Be Safe.
patric

Post by patric »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:17 pm Just asked my Contact at Amcrest and I was told that Amcrest sells NEW stock with old FW the New 2019 or 2020 FW cameras and NVR's don't come with that FW loaded when bought NEW if Open box or Referb then it is anyones guess what one might get.. Was also told that if buying from Amazon as NEW someone might not get it NEW if not sent from TX and got it from a Amazon Fulfillment Center this data you can find out by looking at your Tracking if it was from TX Amcrest location then it is new old FW. Unless the Camera itself was Released with and Designed after 2019 (meaning no other Models came before it) they might only have a JS FW for them like the AI cameras and NVR's I am going to guess they are 2020 or 2019 loaded...
When you buy a new camera from either Amcrest or Amazon, it comes with the current stripped-down firmware that can not be over-written with older firmware by the customer. BUT if you pay to send your camera back RMA, the service techs can do it for you. I can personally verify this.

More discussion: https://amcrest.com/forum/feature-devic ... 14494.html
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well at some things that can be done and if the camera say was damaged in a FW update it may not be able to be repaired and might send a different camera same model back.. But yes as told at one time if someone buys installs new FW but wants old installed they can do it from within the Lab to Manufactures Specs of an older Stable FW.. Even some can go back to the very first one installed for the camera however some will only go back as far as the camera was released with.. So be clear say a 841 was released in 2015 first time, So fW 001 could have been on it yet the 841 that was bought in 2018 while it is an 841 it was released with FW 009 it would only be able to go back to 009 and where I would have to look but I think last one is 011 before the JS FW.. That mainly has to do with things like V1 841 having some different things installed in Circuits then V2 even though the camera looks the same on the outside, The hardware on the inside could be different enough that FW for 001 may not work for camera released with 009 even though they still work with the older FW units from 2015.. I have some really old 2015 cameras and personally I wish I would have kept one with 001 FW just for kicks lol.. However I have updated them all to at least the 2018 FW and at 1 time I did have them all but 1 updated to the 2019 and 2020 FW however 80% were not stable with 2019 or 2020 FW so now only have 1 camera that has 2019 FW on it and my 841 poe has the last 2019 FW on it other then that the rest have the 2.520 FW back and was the last FW before the JS FW
Be Safe.