When will the webview app be updated to support modern browsers?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
RiCK@RCS

When will the webview app be updated to support modern browsers?

Post by RiCK@RCS »

Firefox, Chrome, Edge, and even Safari have now phased out NPAPI style plugins.
When will this issue be resolved with an updated version?
Phone support told me 6 months ago this issue would be resolved, yet I am still waiting.
TechJedi

Re: When will the webview app be updated to support modern browsers?

Post by TechJedi »

Yep, Safari 12 has Removed support for running legacy NPAPI plug-ins other than Adobe Flash.

https://developer.apple.com/safari/whats-new/
jack7

Post by jack7 »

I use Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 and it works fine. It comes with Windows 10 and is currently supported by Microsoft until October 2025.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... t-explorer

I use Chrome as my browser. I consider Internet Explorer as another program that is just used for the Amcrest Web UI. I click on a icon to start it just like I do with Amcrest Surveillance Pro.
savvy2

Post by savvy2 »

i run run local configs with firefox v20, from sourceforge, portable, and local only
all 3 cams I have died for remote access due to 2016 Certificate expiration.
and told no fix coming,
means you get to buy new cams;. (my 3rd time now)
RiCK@RCS

Post by RiCK@RCS »

It has been over a year now without an update, I guess I won't be buying anymore Amcrest cameras. They don't honor updating to keep their products supported by current browser technology.
RiCK@RCS

Post by RiCK@RCS »

Still no updates, and not even a response.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry I don't understand. I use IE, Chrome without an issue. Also you can if you want and I posted on it as well install the IE plugin to Chrome and use it to access cameras. Also depending on what cameras you use some of the new FW updates no longer work with IE and Chrome mostly because everyone has been asking for it. I use ASP along with Chrome and my DVR for access to my IP cameras.
Be Safe.
tvlarry

Post by tvlarry »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:28 pm Sorry I don't understand. I use IE, Chrome without an issue. Also you can if you want and I posted on it as well install the IE plugin to Chrome and use it to access cameras. Also depending on what cameras you use some of the new FW updates no longer work with IE and Chrome mostly because everyone has been asking for it. I use ASP along with Chrome and my DVR for access to my IP cameras.
No Web Browser I checked shows any Live Video when logged into any ip camera or DVR. I tried all the browers on Mac & Windows, no video.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I am not sure why you are having some issues with making a connection...

@tvlarry what VER of Mac and Win are you using. What Ver of IE, Chrome are you using? Are you able to log into camera and make Config changes when your logged into the camera but can't get a Live View or Playback to work? What Camera are you working with? Firmware? Does anything come up on the Screen?

Can you connect with Phone or Tab? or ASP?
Be Safe.
RiCK@RCS

Post by RiCK@RCS »

Revo2Maxx You are incorrect. The camera has not show live video since 2018 when NPAPI plugins were discontinued. There are no up to date browsers still using this out of date and obsolete technology(NPAPI), yet Amcrest still has not rolled out an update to enable live video in up to date browsers. Continuing to say something works when the rest of the world knows it doesn't is not making this company look very good at all. Revo2Maxx, I don't know if you work for this company or not, but I would certainly hope not. I first reported this issue back on Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:12 pm, and six months earlier with a phone call, and today is Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:17 am, and still this company has done nothing to resolve the issue.