When configuring Motion Detection, No video appears in Detection Area window

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
MrFizzle

When configuring Motion Detection, No video appears in Detection Area window

Post by MrFizzle »

Hello everyone,

My question is regarding the Amcrest IP2M-841 ProHD 1080P.

This camera is newly setup and appears to work fine with the exception of the Motion Detection feature. I access the Motion Detection configuration options via IE by navigating to the devices IP address and enter the credentials. The live feed shows as it should. Then I go to Setup -> Event -> Motion Detect -> Video Detection and check Enabled. Then I click the Setup button to the right of the Detection Area option and a windows pops up called "Detection Area".

As I am sure you all know, this is where I should be able to see a live feed of the video and select the region. However, when this window appears it is simply black. There doesn't seem to be any indication of something breaking with this feature - it's just black.

Any ideas how to proceed with this? I looked through the guide and around the forum but did not see anything that mirrors this issue precisely. A screen shot is provided.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

John
Attachments
Blank Detection Area.PNG
Blank Detection Area.PNG (80.44 KiB) Viewed 333 times