What's It Called?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
timlab5555

What's It Called?

Post by timlab5555 »

I have a PTZ camera (ASH47-W) and I know there is away to set points for it to pan to those points and then return to home and then start all over again. Is it called "Tour, Pan or Scan"? Then how do I get it to do it? I've search the net for the last two days and haven't come up with a solid way of doing it.
Thanks
Dan
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: What's It Called?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Dan, I hate to mention it but that camera is really limited on what it can and can't do. So if you wanted to setup a Preset you would need to use ASP, or Amcrest (Compatible) DVR/NVR. I am not able to setup a Scan, Pan, Tour or anything out side of just presets.
Be Safe.
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

That's better than nothing, I'll take it! What is the difference between preset and let's say tour or pan?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Preset is an area you pan or tilt that camera and save that spot then in ASP or blue iris you call that preset. Now in Blue Iris the good news is you can set up a schedule and the software will call the presets for you. Or in NVR or ASP you could setup another camera that's static on motion to call a preset from the ash47 so there are things that can make it useful feature.
Be Safe.
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

So Preset's are primary of interested and if you want to recall that area the camera will go there. I just tried it with the ASH-47 and nothing happen. In fact, I tried I think everything and nothing happen. How do you mark where preset 1 is and preset 2 is? I guess I have to do this first, but I don't see anything that says "mark". Also someone was talking about premade presets already in APS and that I should delete those first. So where is this and how can I delete them.
Thanks
Dan
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

No premade presets in ASh47 camera. Again in the Presets you will need to use a 3rd party app or ASP from Amcrest. Here is a couple of Pictures of my ASH47 using Preset 1 and Preset 2 in ASP..
Screenshot (227).png
Screenshot (227).png (664.86 KiB) Viewed 22212 times
Screenshot (228).png
Screenshot (228).png (808.13 KiB) Viewed 22212 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I just made a Very Fast Video using ASP to show how to setup the Presets in ASH47.

ASP as you can see in the pictures Amcrest Surveillance Pro, A Free Video Management software that can help make the ASH47 more then just a Smart Home type with a real IP camera feel. In this video I only show how to setup and goto the preset with the software Video can be found here
https://youtu.be/Nk1eSEJrS-Y
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So while looking into it more you can infact setup in ASP a Tour that ASH47 will follow! I only did a fast test with 2 presets but it did in fact go from 1 to 2 back to 1 and can setup how long you want it to wait at each preset before it goes to the next as well. So ASP will give you what you need with your ASH47 camera..

Edit, I did try to setup a Pattern and that didn't take so I did setup Presets as seen in the video linked above and I was able to setup a Tour that I didn't make a video of but can be done.. I just wanted to say that out of the ones offered Preset and Tour works, (Pattern, pan and scan) didn't do anything when tested..
Be Safe.
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

I wish I could show you (in a video like you did what you did). Maybe one day. I like the pictures tho. Okay the picture shows you how my ASH47 is at, as it's called Front Deck. Now I go down to PTZ, click on Preset, and select #1. Then I click on edit, select save and then start all over with the next number. I did 3 of them. After I was done doing this, I clicked on #1 and hit goto. Camera didn't move to position #1. Then I clicked on #2 and clicked on Goto and the camera didn't move. It's not moving. What am I doing wrong.
Dan
Revo2max2.png
Revo2max2.png (28.27 KiB) Viewed 22207 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok just tested out my 2 local NVR's and sure enough it will not save presets using the NVR.. You can see this at this Video here

https://youtu.be/9xxb8TBK-cA
Be Safe.