What's It Called?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Pogo

Re: What's It Called?

Post by Pogo »

The first word of my post was "yes".

Apologies if the subsequent ramble served little additional purpose.
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

Great! I will get it and try it out. Do you know if there is a trial verison of it for testing? If so, where can this be gotten at?
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

There's a 15 day trial. You'll barely scratch the surface during that time and may want to hit a couple of the forums to get a feel for what you'll be in for ahead of time. (Even Revo is still learning it. LOL)

You'll also want to understand the PC requirements ahaed of time to make sure you have a box that will handle it as it does require a fair amount of CPU horsepower -- preferably an Intel i5 or i7 4th generation processor at minimum. 16GB of RAM will work.

Your best price will be from ipcamtalk if you decide to purchase. Beware of the crowd there. They can be a bunch of dicks to newbies should you decide to ask questions or otherwise engage. A tremendous BI resource otherwise, though.

Below is a much more friendly environment, but not nearly as deep with experienced members. Their server also crashed back in July and many of the archived topics disappeared. Still a very useful resource and actually the official Blue Iris forum.

https://blueirissoftware.com/forum/

And much of my last post was to encourage additional exploration of your existing resources. Much of what you want to do is entirely feasible with more conventional motion detection and triggering and may indeed be achievable with your existing setup. AI can be way more trouble than it's worth -- even for experienced folks.
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

mmmmm, PC requirements hu? Well, how about an I7-9700k with 32 GB of ram running at a cool 31C when just running all the background processes and ASP at the same time, an Intel Graphics 630 for a display and two HHD (1) with 1TB which is an SSD and hard drive giving it an additional 240GB. Yea, I think my I7 can handle something like that. You got a link for that program?
Thanks Pogo.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

That's a good BI rig right there.

https://store.ipcamtalk.com/shop/blue-iris-software/

And I hardly intended to turn this into a Blue Iris advertisement. Just wanted to toss it out there as an additional resource consideration -- for whatever the ultimate objective may actually be at this point. LOL

Good luck whichever way you go.
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

I visited the link you gave me, but didn't see any trial verison of it. Where is that located at? And your right Ipcamtalk are dicks and I usually don't say things like that either. Anyway, found the CD on Amazon (if you need it, Amazon has it) for $59.99. Ordering tomorrow unless I can find the trial verison of it today.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

You can download the eval here: https://blueirissoftware.com/#download

Your best price will still be IPCT.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

BTW, the CD from Amazon is an Amcrest offering that has reportedly been a hassle to get licensed from Blue Iris. Order at your own risk as Amcrest will not support any issues you may encounter with the purchase..., according to additional reports.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

I yield to Revo for the rest of the day. LOL
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

O dam I must be in trouble if the grand Wizard is coming into this conversation. Sorry if I offended you Pogo.