What's It Called?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
timlab5555

Re: What's It Called?

Post by timlab5555 »

Very odd they would put a none changeable block on that nvr. If true that's not good.
How can we check to see if they did do this? I mean, both camera's and the NVR both record. When I look at the ASH47 camera record log, it will tell me if it pickup motion by indicating that in yellow. The CV3 camera record log, only has 1 entry and it seems like (unless I power it off), it will show me a complete day in one block.
I know this out of the blue, but any chance in doing this over the phone? You know show and tell?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

There is a PM so check your inbox
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

I run TCP on port 8999 over 37777 almost exclusively.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

DV8M8 Ports.jpg
DV8M8 Ports.jpg (42.95 KiB) Viewed 22424 times
Ports-B.jpg
Ports-B.jpg (112.39 KiB) Viewed 22424 times
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

On any camera you have the night vision ring. That lilght doesn't last forever. Can you replace it?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well in a sense yes. However calling up Amcrest or some 3rd party CCTV provider and finding them to carry the part No. So what you would need to do if you find that your IR or White Led Board is bad that it is really the LEDS and not something to do with the Power supply from the camera. Now some cameras will have the power input from 12v side of the camera that splits as it comes in and provides 12v to camera board and 12v to the IR/Light board. Then that type would be easier to know where the issue is because that board would be the power drivers for the IR/Light. When the camera has POE and or 12v that going to the camera board only and then from that is where the IR/Light board gets it power you have to find out if it is really Power supply issue from camera, Or if the LDR is bad and or some other things. Issue again coming from the camera board to IR/Light board is there is other things at play. Just testing the wire from camera board to IR/Light board wouldn't be enough because of controls that could be in place.

If bad and don't have tools to replace LEDS then you would need to find a board of the same type from Ebay or some other online sales system that is setup with same type of Connectors and Voltage types..
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

The simplest option (aside from just replacing the camera) could possibly be a dedicated IR source (or sources) for the area of interest. Lots of options there.

But I'm curious about any new developments with the ASH47.
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

So are we
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

How was it initially set up? Wi-fi or ethernet? Smart Home app I presume?
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

It was setup through the Smart Home app first. And then I loaded it into ASP. From there, it was a cake walk. Still learning what it can do tho, and so far it doesn't do what I want it to do and that is Tour/record. It Tour's, but it should also record what it sees. I've also noticed that when I shut down my computer (ASP) isn't running either, then the camera stops the Tour. Got to figure this out plus the recording part. Once I do I will post.
Dan