web play back issue

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
egytech

web play back issue

Post by egytech »

hi
i have ptz pan/tilt wifi ip camera , model number IP2M-841W-V3
i set it up to record on nas drive , and its recording since i see the files stored in the nas drive
but the problem is when i try to play back thro internet explorer i cant change the data source from sd card to nas drive , then i get no record . i tried the main software smart pss which belongs to the original manufacture DAHUA , when playing back it find the record but gives error message says failed to get device information
i tried amcrest surveillance pro it was a DAHUA different version and as well same error
how can i perform play back
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: web play back issue

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

From what I know and I don't have a NAS but I do save to a FTP on many of my cameras, DVR and NVR's alike. So to watch Videos saved to a Remote location will need to use Smart Play and before you will be able to use Smart Play you will need to have your NAS drive setup as a Network drive, Then it will be reachable like a normal local drive..
Be Safe.
egytech

Post by egytech »

• thanks for reply, its helpful , i tried smart play it could work , but with Hikvision cameras , u can play back normal if the camera records remotely and u don't need special program, i hope Dahua manufacture reconsider this in there software, i will try it and follow up with an update
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well that is interesting. I have not found any way to Playback from any of my Hikvision products off Remote storage devices. While I am not saying It can't be done I just don't see it in any of my Hik products. Infact a few of my products don't even like the Local Folder storage for Clipping or even DL, So I have to work 10x harder to save events if I wanted or needed for backup.. Then some of my older products I can't use P2P without signing up with a service and things.

All my Amcrest devices are out of the box able to connect to P2P and have access with very little effort. If I have to have some different playback method for things saved outside of my Amcrest Devices then so be it. I mean I have NVR, and DVR anyway for local Recordings. I have access to use Amcrest Software ASP with PC-NVR if I want access to Recordings away from the Device, I have my Devices FTP for backup and Data Security for cameras or events that I find it is needed..

Looked for a video on the topic and can't find one of Hikvision products accessing NAS drives for playback. I am sure it has something to do with the way Hik uses Mount to the NAS server for access so within Network drive it would be seen as if it was local would be my guess. Dont' have one so I don't know..
Be Safe.
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

In addition to the above, it's worth noting that the .dav video files that are saved contain additional information such as time and date encoded in the file itself to make them more suitable for security camera use. Smart Play handles these files and has an inbuilt facility to save the file out as an .mp4 for instance if needed. I have Smart Play set as the default app for .dav files on my system and it works very well for me.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
egytech

Post by egytech »

updates
i purchased a new amcrest 3mp camera IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R and notice some thing
1)it works normal to play back thro the surveillance pro when using NAS storage, but not thro web ,and no longer support internet explorer only google chrome and still will not be able to play back thro web, cos data source is set to sd card and u can't change it
2)firmware is different V2.620.00AC00.3.R while the 1st cam 2mp (which has the issue) has V2.800.00AC001.0.R
3) the reason could be on purpose to be designed this way to force people to buy cloud storage. and my final conclusion it's a firmware issue , i wonder why they won't fix it , they don't want to or they can't??
egytech

Post by egytech »

last the auto track will not work on the new 3mp camera , too sad
auto track function i could only enable it thro the phone app , other software don't have it
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@egytech Not sure what camera your talking about. I mean the 941b don't have Auto Track the 941v3 does maybe that is what your talking about. If that is the case then please look in your WebUI, click on the Setup, Event, Motion Detection. At the bottom of that page is where you can turn on or off the Auto Tracking..
Be Safe.
egytech

Post by egytech »

i realized the 941b doesn't support auto tracking .
but the main problem still exist on the 841 , it doesnt play back thro any software while recording on nas , the only way is to goto the nas folder and go thro all files ,i want to do video search on time base
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes NAS and FTP if for Purely Storage base Backup.
Be Safe.