Wanting to buy a Amcrest AI PTZ I have questions

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Wanting to buy a Amcrest AI PTZ I have questions

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello all, So as you might have read before, when I bought my AI DVR I was not as happy at the time because I wasn't able to find the info I wanted about the device before buying it. Really that was only 7fps or 15fps and seeing I was already using a DVR with 15fps I didn't want to go lower so I paid more and bought the 7108-AI for the 15fps. However at the time I was looking for the info I couldn't find anything that stated what the numbers were for. That was the numbers for 4K cameras so I was shocked to see when I got the system installed and looking at my Encoding it was at 30fps and then understood that I should have got the 5116-AI and my non 4k cameras would have been at an even higher rate then they normally are..

Ok Sorry about the long info and to why I am posting this Thread!

I would like to get some New AI PTZ cameras and I would like to find out 1 anyone that has them if the Rule is able to be setup VIA the preset or if it is only a Global setting?

So here is why asked.. Right now and it don't show in the Video however I have a Preset for Motion and I have a rule in my NVR setup for my 850 to go to a preset. Problem is when that rule is processed and my camera goes to preset 2 the motion from the rule trigger then takes my camera out of the View and shows me the preset setup for motion..

I want to know if the AI PTZ cameras have the ability to work a rule and ignore the motion setup and only work what is at that preset. In my Video I show one of my Very old 37x PTZ cameras that is an AI camera, When it is in Preset 1 it only will do what Preset 1 is setup for. I show that if I even move the jog left or right up or down zoom in or out that is no longer active, I then move to Preset 2 and it is in a different AI mode as shown in the video..

I would like to know if that is how the AI PTZ cameras work or if the rule is always on screen? I would prefer the 4mp AI camera and would be ok with the 2mp if that is what is needed. Personally I am not sure I want to pay 999. right now for the 1083 when only seems to gain 7x more zoom unless there is much more offered with it so that leaves the 1063-AI or the 863-AI and both of them at 25x while it isn't 32 or 37x it is better then my Already owned older 20x 850..

So If you have the 863-AI or the 1063-AI cameras and have setup using rules can you confirm that it works on a Preset level and not a Global level?

Thank you.. Here is the Video https://youtu.be/9HY6PF-uh5A
Be Safe.
jack7

Re: Wanting to buy a Amcrest AI PTZ I have questions

Post by jack7 »

I'm not completely sure of what you are trying to do, but it seems like this might help.
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... Smart-PTZ-
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Wanting to buy a Amcrest AI PTZ I have questions

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes thanks I did see this but it is kind of like what looking at info for my DVR did for me. Made me think I was getting what I needed to only find out that I didn't..

So I guess I am just trying to find info about what happens on the Event.. Say I have Line crossing at Preset 1 that will Zoom into the scene. Just don't want another event that is active make that event invalid

So take with my older camera, I have Preset lets say setup for Line Crossing. When I have that moved from anything from that preset all detection void or is using Global setting if that is how I had it setup. However I just have it setup Per Preset. I don't even need all the other fancy things my older camera has like ability to setup Camera config per preset I just want to know if the Amcrest camera can work at a Preset level IVS and as soon as the camera is moved all things are mute until it returns to (Home) or last preset depending on how the system is setup?

But yes I seen that Doc about the Smart IVS however like the info I found about my DVR it lacks the luster I need to make a good choice to buy and really still wish I would have returned my 7108 and bought the 5116 and that is main reason I am asking I want to know more before I buy..

Thanks for the link.. I did check and was the same that I have already read. Even done some looking in youtube trying to find someone Demo but only find people that have a IVS camera being used as a Normal camera and that isn't going to help...
Be Safe.