Viewing my IP2-858W remotely...help!

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
cmartin3977

Viewing my IP2-858W remotely...help!

Post by cmartin3977 »

So Ive got an Amcrest IP2-858W and I want to somehow be able to stream to a private facebook group. I can use Amcrest SurveillancePro and the web interface to view the cam fine. Im using castr.io and they want to use RTSP streaming, but no matter what I try I cannot for the life of me come up with the correct RSTP public streaming link that will work for this camera. Ive tried port forwarding on my router, Ive got everything set to my camera ip and port554. I just cannot seem to connect the dots to get this camera to publicly stream. This is what Im using for the RTSP link:

rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

with admin and my password, the camera ip and port554 and all the software that Ive gone thru just says connecting and thats it, nothing ever comes up.
I have no clue what Im doing wrong, any help would be appreciated!!
jack7

Re: Viewing my IP2-858W remotely...help!

Post by jack7 »

rtsp...     10.202.189.201:554
That IP address should be the static WAN IP address provided by your ISP, not your camera IP address.  If the WAN IP address is not static, you will need to use a DDNS server for it.
The 554 should be the external port set up in port forwarding.  It would be better to use a 5 digit external port number, and 554 for internal port number in your port forwarding.
Your paid provider castr.io should be able to provide some assistance on this.
cmartin3977

Post by cmartin3977 »

Ahh Maybe that what it was then, I was trying to use the cameras ip address all around thru the port forwarding, not my computer ip address, I will give it a try, any other things that I need to be aware of would be appreciated!! Thanks!
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Your WAN or public IP address is not your PC IP address.  Your router can tell you or try a site like
https://www.whatismyip.com/
Your camera IP address is put in your port forwarding entry.

Here's some Amcrest pages on the subject from awhile back.  The parts about UDP and UPnP are not necessary or advised by me.
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... Forwarding
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... our-Device

I don't know what your goals are but if you can live with a stream that takes 5-10 seconds for a user to see and lasts for 10 minutes before they have to restart it, then try the free RTSP. ME
I've just used it in browser but it apparently also works in webpage.
cmartin3977

Post by cmartin3977 »

So is the address in the rstp pull stream supposed to be the camera ip, the wan ip , my public ipv4 address, lan ip , because they are all different? The admin password, in the RTSP pull uses the camera credentials correct? My ports on the camera are TCP 37777 UDP 37778 HTTP 80 RTSP 554 HTTPS 443. right now the port forward is set to the camera ip , service ftp , external 37777 internal 554. my goal is to have my camera live streaming to my facebook page.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

I've already explained what I can to you.  Maybe somebody  else could help explain it better.