Valucam 6mp camera invalid password and user name

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
kurt5280

Valucam 6mp camera invalid password and user name

Post by kurt5280 »

We recently bought a home with an arm rest nvr and multiple cameras. After resetting the NVR the two valucam 6mp cameras won’t connect to nvr. Status red
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Valucam 6mp camera invalid password and user name

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

So seeing they are different brand it might be they were with a different password then the normal Amcrest or Dahua... Also might be that after you did a Reset the cameras just lost the way to the right connection type..

So one of the things is if you know the password for them cameras do change that by clicking on the Pencil in the NVRs camera area.. Make sure they are enter correct. Next if that isn't working then you will need to open camera and do a factory reset of the camera..

Taking a picture of the Camera Page of the RED Dots can help with better understanding of what is going on as well.

If they are connected on a network they were not setup for. Like lets say you got one of my cameras without being reset but setup for Static IP. of 10.0.0.xxx However your NVR is on 192.168.23.23 kind of setup. Then that new IP range would have to be also in the camera if they were not connected to the NVR on a POE port of the NVR.. Guessing seeing I don't know what your Camera page looks like for more info..
Be Safe.
kurt5280

Post by kurt5280 »

IMG_6344.png
IMG_6344.png (644.98 KiB) Viewed 91 times
Yes I had the cameras working and then after having to reset the NVR I list the connection to the cameras. I don’t know the passwords and can’t figure out to reset the cameras.

Let me know if the pictures didn’t come through
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So generally the camera like that would have a removable part that would be facing the inner side. You would need to get a tool that fits the trim screw, Then remove the ring. Then there should be 2 screws and on some of the cameras I own there is only 1 center screws either way remove that screw and in there would be a Slot for Micro Sd and a Reset button. Some cameras will have the location marked and other cameras will just be an opening to large area where you would have to find micro sd slot and or the reset button. The camera picture below is for a General Idea of what I am talking about. Depending on the type. The ring can be adjusted just enough to move the head to gain access to the bottom panel.

However would try the admin admin to see if that works to make the camera come back online. If they didn't change the password because it is connected via POE on the NVR. The camera might not prompt to change the password if they only used it VIA the NVR. However if a good enough company they would have you change the password first time making a WebUI connection to it after using the admin admin for user and password.. I do have some cameras that don't give change option when first connected you would have to go into the setup and make the change. OR if good enough connection to the Amcrest NVR when someone in the NVR makes the change to the Admin password of the NVR it can give option to change all connected cameras. That is personally what I do when i want to reset all my connected cameras. I then make note what ones fail so I can go and change them 1 at a time. Some won't change because they are not 100% compatible but work on the NVR..
20240426_210050_resized.jpg
20240426_210050_resized.jpg (847.13 KiB) Viewed 89 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Here is a Video that I made a year ago. It might be a little confusing as I am not very bright lol.. Anyway in the video, I am talking about kind of what you are working with. NEW NVR and maybe a POE NVR with some cameras that are POE and some that are not.. After getting all the cameras connected and setup so the Dot is Green. Then changing the password in the NVR will prompt the user to change the cameras passwords..

So let say it like this. From GUI of the NVR if you connect a camera using the Main Menu Camera area. That connection will try to setup your NVRs password as the password for the cameras on your Local Network. However all cameras connected using Poe it will try to load them using admin admin.. So on my video trying to show that settings up new cameras even in local area network that you have never connected to your NVRs password would not work so you click pencil and change the password to admin then comes up green. POE connected pluggin in camera it will bring camera online with admin admin user and pass.. Once all cameras are showing green then changing the password in the NVR and Sync to the cameras it will change the password in the cameras to the new password. Also if you setup a email address for password recovery it will ask if you want to update that as well in the cameras and I would pick yes just to be on the safe side..
It is only an Unlisted Video so has 5 views but something to give an idea of what I mean..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR9ZQYOeko4
Be Safe.
kurt5280

Post by kurt5280 »

I really appreciate your support with my situation.
Unfortunately my camera doesn’t seem to have a SD CARD and I can’t seem to find the reset. I did pull it apart to show in case you see something
Attachments
IMG_0003.jpeg
IMG_0003.jpeg (2.82 MiB) Viewed 75 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Okay, it looks like you might need to delve a bit deeper into the camera setup. The top board primarily functions as the power board, so you won't find the reset option there. If there's a concealed reset feature, you'll likely have to remove the two screws holding the camera board in place. Be cautious, though, as there are two mount pins helping to position it. It's important to verify this before attempting to remove it forcibly, as there could be additional fasteners.

Also, be mindful of a potential bushing securing the camera lens, preventing infrared leakage. Any force required for removal should be minimal. You definitely don't want to undo the screws only to find hidden ones further complicating things.

Before proceeding with disassembly, try using a flashlight to inspect the sides of the camera board for a mini switch attached to the PCB. It might be tricky to spot, but if accessible without removing the board, it could save you time.

Should you need to remove the camera from the housing, exercise caution, especially if you locate the reset switch. Powering on the camera will likely be necessary to initiate the reset process.

Examining the camera's connections, I notice four Ethernet wires, a pair of power wires (red/black), and two additional wires. It's worth double-checking if these extra wires might contain a reset mechanism, possibly in the form of a switch covered by a cap at the end of the wire bundle near the power and Ethernet cables.

Considering the camera's cost and its inclusion with the house, your options narrow down to contacting the previous homeowner for password, if feasible, or replacing the camera if no reset option is found.

To summarize, first, inspect the wire bundle for a reset button. If none is found, use a flashlight to search for any reachable switches without further disassembly. If necessary, proceed with disassembly to locate a reset switch or an area designed for one. Some Amcrest cameras even require a paper clip for resetting, so keep that in mind as well. Remember the most out facing board with the wires going to J1 is the Power Board there is no reset function on that PCB it is the PCB lower into the housing that would have a Reset if there was one...
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thought I would show you what I am talking about. Have a camera here with same type of power board, this camera is a zoom camera that I now use as donor because power died in middle of update so camera dead in main chip. Anyway this camera had micro slot for SD that I pulled and put on a different camera that open area on left. But the reset for this camera is the 2 empty pads on right by id2. So to reset to factory on this camera would use tweezers that are able to pass current short the 2 pins and 5sec later it would reset.
20240427_194905.jpg
20240427_194905.jpg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 68 times
Be Safe.
kurt5280

Post by kurt5280 »

Thanks so much. You are very kind and extremely experienced in these matters. Let me tackle this tomorrow. Once again thank you
kurt5280

Post by kurt5280 »

Thanks so much. You are very kind and extremely experienced in these matters. Let me tackle this tomorrow. Once again thank you