Using IP3M-941 with IR LED lamp

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mupimohan

Using IP3M-941 with IR LED lamp

Post by mupimohan »

The IP3M-941 does have IR night vision option. But the problem is that when I keep the camera in a window the IR LED's get reflected off the window glass and all the camera sees is the reflected LEDs

So what I am planing on doing is to turn off the IR night vision but use a separate IR LED lamp to light the ara with infrared light. Of course I will not show it directly on the camera but the area will be lit by separate infrared lamp.

Now my question is if this camera can pick up IR light at night even if the IR night vision option is off. Then the window problem will be solved and I have to look for a good infrared LED lamp that can lit a large area with infrared.

In other words, is the camera capable of capturing any IR light emitted at night without having to turn on the built-in IR led's. A securoty camera is supposed to be capable of capturing IR light, not necessarily the IR light put out by the camera which get reflected by objects/people.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Using IP3M-941 with IR LED lamp

Post by Melvin »

Hi mupimohan,
If you are using any IR lights behind window or glass you will face glare issue, you can try using IR illumination outside window make sure to IR wave length is 850nm with amcrest cameras.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

Melvin
If I turn off night vision on the camera, will the camera still capture the external infrared light?

If not, then setting up an external infrared light does not help.

There is absolutely nothing in the manual about night vision except that the option turns night vision on and off.

Does turning night vision on/off mean that the camera just turns on/off the internal IR LED's or does it turn on/off the IR capability, regardless of whether the camera has built in IR LED's or not.
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

Does anyone from Amcrest care to answer?
James.S

Post by James.S »

mupimohan wrote:Melvin
If I turn off night vision on the camera, will the camera still capture the external infrared light?

If not, then setting up an external infrared light does not help.

There is absolutely nothing in the manual about night vision except that the option turns night vision on and off.

Does turning night vision on/off mean that the camera just turns on/off the internal IR LED's or does it turn on/off the IR capability, regardless of whether the camera has built in IR LED's or not.

The camera will still detect IR lights even when you turn the cameras IR lights off. In this situation, it is best to have an IR blaster or two outside illuminating the area you would like to be viewable at night.

I highly advise making sure the window is as clean as possible so when you are viewing through it, it will not seem blurry or showing a bunch of particles in its view.
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

Will this IR illuminator work with IP3M-H2XW?

https://www.amazon.com/Univivi-Infrared ... merReviews
James.S

Post by James.S »

mupimohan wrote:Will this IR illuminator work with IP3M-H2XW?

https://www.amazon.com/Univivi-Infrared ... merReviews

Yes, this should work great with the camera.
jia28

Post by jia28 »

Hi,
to achieve a night vision you can use an IR led lamp and change the filter in the camera. with a usual camera you would use a cut off filter I guess with this type of camera you have to switch to night mode.

Dafont Showbox Adam4adam