Using IP2M-841 with OBS

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mwrmwr

Re: Using IP2M-841 with OBS

Post by mwrmwr »

earthshaker wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:29 am I got everything working this morning, the video has about a 1 sec delay, I kind of expected that, and the audio also has a crazy delay. I will work on the audio problem today, not much I can do with the video delay, with network lag and such.
Hi,
I am VERY interested in information about how things are going for you on this issue. I am thinking about using this camera in OBS (in my church) and a message from Armcrest Sales told me the camera was NOT compatible. But as a computer techie, I assume that if you have entered the correct RTSP request in OBS, you can see the picture. But how do you handle the PTZ commands in OBS ?

Thanks

Marc
Wigington

Post by Wigington »

Following, I just got my camera. It is not IP2M-841 and used it with OBS as well. And also looking for the correct PTZ commands for HTTP to use, or how I can use a joystick to control the camera. This would be a life changer if I could do either.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I guess I don't understand what or why people are trying to do this with OBS?

Why does it seem that people are making this harder then it has to be or I am just missing something?

I use OBS for making Videos Personally I have known about it Sadly never used it until a month or so ago.

However I use it for Multi Capture for screen and HDMI Streams.. Oddly I fall back on a different software form time to time if I am in a Hurry...

I just did some testing in Chrome with an 841EB captured Screen and had audio turned on and there was no delay or lag in Video or audio.. If I wanted to move the camera I would just either use the app or seeing I was on Chrome just use the On Screen PTZ controls?

What am I missing that everyone wants to use OBS for Streaming RTSP?
Be Safe.
cbusylol

Post by cbusylol »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:07 pm I guess I don't understand what or why people are trying to do this with OBS?

Why does it seem that people are making this harder then it has to be or I am just missing something?

I use OBS for making Videos Personally I have known about it Sadly never used it until a month or so ago.

However I use it for Multi Capture for screen and HDMI Streams.. Oddly I fall back on a different software form time to time if I am in a Hurry...

I just did some testing in Chrome with an 841EB captured Screen and had audio turned on and there was no delay or lag in Video or audio.. If I wanted to move the camera I would just either use the app or seeing I was on Chrome just use the On Screen PTZ controls?

What am I missing that everyone wants to use OBS for Streaming RTSP?
I've been looking into this subject as my girlfriend is interested in offering some sort of premium service to her dog boarding and grooming that involves the owners of dogs to check in on the activities

Because of its budget value and my experience with it we just ordered her a batch of the basic Amcrest cameras and I was thrilled to find we can RTSP directly to the cameras with VLC. She can then window capture the VLC window (there'd be four instances of VLC running, one for each camera) and manipulate it however in whatever scene in OBS to stream to Youtube. I think people are expecting VLC to be able to manipulate PTZ but I think the only way of doing that is having someone actively moderate the camera with the phone app and deal with the PTZ there, which is what you referenced (and face it, you'll likely need a moderator to the stream anyways)
Niek

Post by Niek »

I got the IP2M-841 video stream working in OBS 27.1.3 with rtsp://user:password@IPAddress:554\videoMain as input.
Strangely it does not work if you use a forward slash as the last slash. Hope this helps someone.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@Niek Hello and Welcome to the Forum

That is interesting because I have many different 841's with new and old FW and I can't get any of them working in OBS. Maybe offer some more insight into how your setup so others don't have to wonder what Magic you have used. Getting it to work in VLC is one thing in OSB is another..

Happy Holidays
Be Safe
Be Safe.
Superfly008

Post by Superfly008 »

Niek wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:22 am I got the IP2M-841 video stream working in OBS 27.1.3 with rtsp://user:password@IPAddress:554\videoMain as input.
Strangely it does not work if you use a forward slash as the last slash. Hope this helps someone.
How did you add them to OBS .. what source .. as a browser or something else. I am struggling. Still dont have it working.
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

@Superfly008 Welcome to the forum.

The post that you quote gives the answer to your question really :) . The RTSP feed from the camera is what was used. The Wiki at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Time ... g_Protocol tells you more.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
Superfly008

Post by Superfly008 »

longedge wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:53 am @Superfly008 Welcome to the forum.

The post that you quote gives the answer to your question really :) . The RTSP feed from the camera is what was used. The Wiki at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Time ... g_Protocol tells you more.
@longedge Thanks for your support.. maybe to clarify .. I got RTSP working in VLC player. But I want to go directly from the AMCREST ( in my case IP4M-1051) directly into OBS as a source. Theoretically possible with RTSP but struggling with 2 things ..

what source to use? add the rtsp as a media source, browser or something else and
what syntax should I use? e.g rtsp://username:[email protected]:554\videoMain or rtsp://[username]:password@IPaddress:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0 etc

cheers for all of you that can help!
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

@Superfly008 I just googled "RTSP feed to OBS" and came up with loads of information including some YT videos. I've never used OBS so I can't really add anything useful. Like you I've used RTSP feeds to VLC but after experimenting succesfully I didn't take it any further. In VLC it is the second one of the methods you mentioned that work for me.

It might be a bit of a kludge but I'm sure that in the past I read of someone using VLC as an intermediate step going to OBS.

p.s. Try a search in YouTube "rtsp to obs".
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03