Using an Amcrest Camera with Xfinity Hotspot

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
dac1w

Using an Amcrest Camera with Xfinity Hotspot

Post by dac1w »

I can't be the first to wanting to connect an Amcrest wireless camera to a Xfinity (Comcast) Hotspot?

I have a IP3M-HX2B camera at my mother's house I would like to access remotely (Amcrest Cloud). There is an
xfinity HotSpot signal (2.4G) to access wirelessly. As a subscriber I should be able to configure the camera to
connect using my credentials. I'm not sure which settings changes are needed for network access.

Is there a step by step procedure documented to configure the settings using the Amcrest Config Tool?
t84a

Re: Using an Amcrest Camera with Xfinity Hotspot

Post by t84a »

The only way I can see you doing this is via a repeater. The cameras do not provide for entering the XFinity username and password. If you can connect a repeater to XFinity and them simply connect the camera to the repeater, that would work. I haven't tried anything like that yet as I don't use the Amcrest Cloud.
dac1w

Re: Using an Amcrest Camera with Xfinity Hotspot

Post by dac1w »

I agree, initially thought that there is no way to enter the username and password. However, under the NETWORK/802.1x settings I found selections for enabling authentication and entering both username and a password for the network selected in the WIFI "Wifi list". Wouldn't this be a way for the camera to auto-connect to a network? If so which of the myriad of other settings would need to be changed/set??????