Using Amcrest cameras with a Lorex NVR

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Brien

Using Amcrest cameras with a Lorex NVR

Post by Brien »

I'm pretty disappointed at Amcrest for their ongoing failure to resolve the gmail issue. Yet my Lorex system at home works great and continues to send gmail emails. So at this point I'm done with Amcrest. For simplicity sake, can I use the Amcrest cameras with a new Lorex NVR?

The cameras that came with my original system (AMDV7204) are...
HD 1.0MP IP67 heavy-duty metal dome cameras that generate 1280 x 720p video @ 30fps with a 3.6mm lens and wide 75 Degree viewing angle.

Obviously, I'll buy a low end Lorex system to match the same resolution.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Using Amcrest cameras with a Lorex NVR

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello, While I don't work for Amcrest and also don't get my Emails by Gmail you and I are not the only ones. I am sorry your not happy with this and I am sure it isn't anything that Amcrest could do to Prevent. I can tell you that I have more then Just an Amcrest DVR and NON of my DVRs are getting emails anymore. I have even tried to make some Changes in the ones that I can do TSL over the SSL and even there it isn't working.... You can go onto a GMAIL area chat and see there is much talk about such issues all over not just Amcrest...

So for your Lorex NVR you would need to use IP cameras. So if your trying to use your CVI cameras over your Lorex system then no it wouldn't work. Please note that with your CVI cameras they are very complex and take software that is written for Amcrest and built into the DVR's to process the data so we can Record it and view it back...

Now I am not 100% sure even though the LOREX system is of same system you may get away with a CVI dvr that might be able to process it. However I would guess that is going to be up to Lorex if they have a system block on using other cameras on their system. Not talking about IP systems that use ONVIF, meaning CVI brand A VS CVI brand B. could be code written to not allow a mix....

James
Be Safe.