Updating with Dahua firmware

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Spile

Updating with Dahua firmware

Post by Spile »

Having just bought two new Amcrest cameras that I am told are discontinued and have no firmware updates I am considering options...
Send them back? I would prefer not to as they work well but one of them (a IP4M-1026EW bullet) does seem to be more unreliable in terms of event snapshot capture and has the plugin issue. The other (a IP5M-T1179EW turret) works just fine.
Update them with Dahua firmware if I can get the code? Have anyone done this and if so what were the results? Did the Dahua firmware give any advantages?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Updating with Dahua firmware

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Dahua Firmware wouldn't work for Amcrest Cameras as they are Hardware coded to be able to run FW of Amcrest...

I have other cameras that are Dahua that I can't update some as far back as 2012, 13, 14 and a few others all Dahua.. I have a Dahua 8ch DVR that I wish I could update with FW newer then the 2013 that was on it.. Even tried to use Amcrest FW and all failed to update so all is good I use as it is...

One of the things to keep thoughts with.. If you were able to update some cameras have features that might have been out coded and because of this it could cause the Camera to Brick.. I have some Amcrest cameras that I can't update and wish I could.. I will just use them until no longer able to work and if outdoor housings I will reuse the housing for other cameras that was made for indoors.
Be Safe.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Many Amcrest cameras and NVR's are rebranded Dahua hardware that internally are identical. There are numerous reports of them being successfully updated with Dahua firmware. I personally have not attempted this, I'm just saying you can look at what others have attempted and if they were successful or not.

What do you gain? The ability to access an updated web UI with Chrome or FireFox with NO plugins. Advanced motion/intrusion sensing (such as IVS).

What do you lose? The ability to save recordings in MP4 format (Dahua firmware uses DAV format instead, but files can be converted). You can no longer contact Amcrest Support for help. ;)

The key is to ensure the internal hardware ID matches a Dahua device for which new firmware is available. There are some models made specifically for Amcrest that cannot be updated with Dahua firmware.

This ipcamtalk thread describes the techniques to determine HWID, and also what models have been successfully updated. https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/how-to-up ... res.44864/
rott

Post by rott »

Hello I have updated all my cameras and even an old nvr that had no further firmware in the last 3 years I think it was. I updated every thing by going to the most current amcrest firmware and the cross reference it with dahua software from there wiki/downloads it is very easy to get your current firmware replaced with very new firmware.