Updated firmware on IP3M-941 I can now only see cameras on my local Wi-Fi

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
X-27

Updated firmware on IP3M-941 I can now only see cameras on my local Wi-Fi

Post by X-27 »

Decided to update the firmware on several Amcrest IP3M-941 cameras, to the latest version, dated: 3-30-2020

Ever since doing this, I can only access the camera on my local Wi-Fi. Using iPhone or iPad, I cannot access the camera when using cellular data or on someone else's Wi-Fi. (Problem did not exist prior to "updating") I must now be home on the same Wi-Fi to use the camera which sort of takes the fun out of having a camera. I have rebooted the camera, restarted the iPhone, and the iPad. Does not help.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Updated firmware on IP3M-941 I can now only see cameras on my local Wi-Fi

Post by Revo2Maxx »

It might be after the update the system turned off P2P so I would double check that it active and that there is a good DNS setting in the network area as well.
Setup, Network. TCP/Ip and then p2p tab in same area.. YOu will have to make these settings local WebUI access

Then make sure that your router hasn't blocked it's access.
Be Safe.
X-27

Post by X-27 »

I'll give you a little more background. I needed to make some changes that required me accessing the camera directly. It turned out several of my IP3M-941 cameras had firmware from 2017. It was very difficult to directly access these cameras with the older 2017 firmware. I used IP Config to find the IP address. However, neither Safari or Firefox or Chrome would work properly with this older firmware. I was constantly being directed to install a "plug-in", the link to the plug-in is dead. I finally used an old 2015 Mac Mini running MacOS 10.9.5, that computer WOULD run "Amcrest Web View" as a standalone program (my 2020 Mac Pro with OS 13.4 will NOT.). Now that I could get into the camera, I updated the firmware from the 2017 version to the latest 2020 version. Everything works OK as long as I'm at home on my local network.

As it turns out, I have the Dec 18, 2019 Version of the firmware stored on my Mac. I took two cameras and downgraded the firmware from the 2020 version to the 2019 version. (This is a newer version than I had before, but not the very newest version.) Everything appears to be working with the Dec 18, 2019 Firmware Version.

Regarding your suggestions, some of it I understand some of it I do not. My networking skills are about 4/10. P2P is checked "enabled". I don't know how to find out if I have a "good DNS setting". It seems to be happy with the 2019 version of the firmware but not the 2020 version. So I could just declare victory and move on. However, I don't like mysteries, I just have to believe that someone at Amcrest would have discovered this bug by now (IF it is a bug). I'm pretty handy with computers, but so hot with networking. I don't know how to see if my router is blocking the camera. It seems to not block it with the 2019 firmware, that is a clue to me that it is not blocking it at all.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes understand.. It isn't that it would always block it but could have been an issue after an update maybe the router pool was set for the older data and new might have changed enough to make it have to open it up. Maybe you don't have your network setup to block so it wouldn't matter anyway just something I thought it should/could be checked.

When you say it is Enabled did it say it was online as well"?

About DNS. If you look in the cameras networking area it will have DNS below your IP area. If it is setup for your router that isn't going to work well..

Also 1 last thing I can think of. The 2017 and 2019 and 2020 FW is a different format the 19 and 20 are same however coming from older 17 firmware it is said that to work best if you do a Factory Reset after doing the FW update to make sure that it takes out all the older programming that might be left behind. This could cause some issues.
Be Safe.
X-27

Post by X-27 »

Revo, Thank you for helping me. I've gone through all of my Amcrest cameras and brought them up to a level of firmware that allows me to view the cameras on my Mac. It's quite a struggle in many cases, Amcrest requires a plug-in that does not exist. Fortunately, I was able to use an older 2015 Mac Mini (OS 10.9.5) so I could run the program "Amcrest Web View" on that computer. "Amcrest Web View" will not run on my Mac Pro with Mac OS 13.4. As you know, if you want to make certain changes or set ups or presets on your cameras, you cannot do it with the iOS apps. You MUST do it on a desktop computer. It's beyond my comprehension why Amcrest does not provide better tools for this purpose.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

There is ASP. Some say there could be issues on Mac and even PC. Others say it works fine. So maybe DL and check that out. Make sure to give it good rights to access your hardware and IP rights for local

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ca ... -Downloads

Something to try.
Be Safe.
X-27

Post by X-27 »

What is "ASP"? What is "DL"?