Unable to get snapshots working IP2M-841

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
skeedo

Unable to get snapshots working IP2M-841

Post by skeedo »

Can't for the life of me get motion detection snapshots working on my camera. Further confusing myself using both Surveillence Pro software along with Web interface, I'm not sure which I should be using to configure or if settings are conflicting with eachother. In web interface I have enabled Motion Detect under Event Video Detection, and snapshot only checked. Detection area left at default which is entire area. Schedule at default which seems to be enabled to take snapshots every day at all times. Only once has anything been saved to the SD card, a video that I believe was triggered by video tamper when I was setting up camera. No snapshots whatsoever. I've attached some screenshots of setup. Help?
Attachments
snap1.PNG
snap1.PNG (72.72 KiB) Viewed 1305 times
snap2.PNG
snap2.PNG (106.41 KiB) Viewed 1305 times
snap3.PNG
snap3.PNG (76.29 KiB) Viewed 1305 times
Mildew

Re: Unable to get snapshots working IP2M-841

Post by Mildew »

I don't know how you got a video, the "Record" box is not checked. Did you check info in Storage/Destination/SD Card?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello skeedo,

We need more info from you to help you fix this. Could you please give us a call on 1-888-212-7538?
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

skeedo

Post by skeedo »

Ok I managed to get snapshots working, the hard part was getting the snapshots to show up in the software but I've managed.

One more problem however, not enough snapshots are taken when motion is detected. For instance if someone walks down the street there will only be 1 or 2 snapshots taken in the 12 second or so interval that they are in front of the camera. What should be adjusted? I changed anti-dither to 2 seconds but that doesn't seem to help. Should I adjust the motion detection sensitivity?
Spud980

Post by Spud980 »

I am having the same problem with the snapshot. How did U get it working?