Unable to find ASH21 on my network

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
kalebbroo

Unable to find ASH21 on my network

Post by kalebbroo »

I have a strange problem. I just got the ASH21 camera to use as a baby monitor for my son. I cannot find the camera on my network through IP or MAC address.

So let me start off by saying the camera is working well through the smart home app. The camera settings show the IP as 192.168.1.110. I am connected to my 2.4 SSID and I can also access the camera using the app outside of my network. It is on my network and it is working through the app.

Now, I am trying to add it to Blue Iris using the IP in the app settings (192.168.1.110) It does not connect. So I went to my trusty "Advanced IP Scanner" app that I use to find all connections and every other camera is listed but not this one. I have 8 IP cameras 4 of which are Amcrest. I opened my router settings and I have a list of every device connected to my network with their IP and MAC addresses. It is not there but I am watching the stream so I know its using my network.

Things I have tried:

Plug the camera in directly to Ethernet. THIS WORKED! camera shows up on my network under IP 192.168.1.251 I am able to add it to BI and it works as expected. Once I remove Ethernet and try WIFI again it does not work. I don't want to run a 50ft cable to my sons crib.

I created a new SSID on 2.4 and connected the camera to double check I am actually on MY network. I am and it still does not show it connected in my router or IP scanner.

I tried to ping the IP address and I get "Destination host unreachable"

I manually set a static lease for the mac address to IP 192.168.1.110 but it does not show after that either.

I have turned off and on everything including modem, router, APs, forced closed app, and deleted the camera and re added it to the Smart Home app.

Its like the camera doesn't exist on my network but if that is the case why the hell can I connect normally through the app? Please help me!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Unable to find ASH21 on my network

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

Here is an idea, I would Remove the Cable from the camera, Tilt the Head up and press and hold the Reset button until the camera starts to reset, once it resets then setup the camera on Wifi using the Smarthome App and don't plug a Ethernet cable to the camera after making this Wifi Setup.. Once you do this you should be able to access the camera on a NVR, DVR, Blue iris or ASP...

Just keep in mind that once a Network cable is connected to the camera it will break the Wifi ability to work on anything outside of the Smart Home app...
Be Safe.
kalebbroo

Post by kalebbroo »

I have reset the camera and re added it using WIFI setup never plugging in the ethernet. This is also how I setup it up originally and only used ethernet when it was not working.

This did not fix the issue of not being able to connect through BI. However It did allow me to see it on my network. The connection in the settings on the app says a different IP and MAC address than what is connected to my router. This must have been why I could not find it earlier I was looking for the MAC and IP that was listed in the app settings.

So, it it connected to my router through IP 192.168.1.221 with MAC 9C:8E:CD:2A:32:56
but the settings in the app states it is connected through IP 192.168.1.108 with MAC 9C:8E:CD:2A:2C:7A This is also the MAC that is on the bottom of the device next to the QR code.

What else can I try to connect it through BI?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok, The main issue is the Mac Address that would be on the Bottom would be the Ethernet port IP address... For instance like mine says FD however the Wifi Mac ends in D9

So when you do the First setup of the Ash21 the Camera needs to be setup first using the Amcrest Smart Home App that you can DL from the app store, Then there will be an area where it asks you what type of Setup you want to do PICK WIFI, then follow the instructions for setting it up..

FIRST I want to say this is a Smart HOME camera and don't have any access to a WebUI so trying to connect to a HTTP port on the camera will be something that will ERROR always... So I don't have access to BI anymore seeing my Free Trial ran out so I am not sure how one would go about making this connection on the ASH21.. The Ash21 on the Wifi if connection only WIFI and never plugged in I can connect to my NVR on my case I just Reset the camera and it was given a IP of 10.0.0.20, Manufacturer is showing Private in my case because I am using Amcrest AI NVR, and the Port # is 37777.. So what I did was went to my Hikvision Recorder and looked up my ASH21 and there is no camera found. So because of the nature of the device the ASH21 will need to be connected to your BI over a RTSP connection and you can find the Amcrest Video to make this connection on a updated BI software here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIH6AKCbwTE

That video by Amcrest should help you get your ASH 21 connected to BI please note that the IP address you want isn't the 192.168.1.108 it is the 221 that your router says it is connected as....

Edit also if you have connected your cable after the reset please do another reset again so the ASH21 can be Fresh with ports not blocked once the cable is connected and if removed the Ports for the Wifi will be Blocked...
Be Safe.