Unable to connect via P2P away from local wifi

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jholm2024

Unable to connect via P2P away from local wifi

Post by jholm2024 »

For 3+ years no issues, now for the last few weeks I am no longer able to view all 8 cameras when away from my home network. We have rebooted, re-installed, checked P2P, etc with no change. I even bought a brand new camera, installed it correctly to test and it wouldn't work outside of our local wifi. Considering changing mfg at this rate, can't seem to find a reputable answer.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Unable to connect via P2P away from local wifi

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

What phone and provider are you using?

Something to work with if needed until solved is ServeO or NGROK. This method would be best used for a DVR/NVR if you have one because only need 1 service link. I use on my phone using Chrome at times but both services is best used with Computer while away as it punches a hole though your network to the device by going to a simple link.
Be Safe.
jholm2024

Post by jholm2024 »

I only use the app on an iphone - I have never had any issues until roughly 3 weeks ago. I have tried 4 different family phones and all are experiencing the same problem.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thanks for the Reply, Is your Provider At&t?
Be Safe.
jholm2024

Post by jholm2024 »

Yes
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

As of now only known issue is to be with Att. I have iPhone with Verizon that is older model XR and still works. However someone said they have multi provider issue, However I don't know of any other provider at this time that isn't ATT or ATT Sub company that P2P isn't working with. I am not saying it isn't starting to spread But I would give it a little time and see if it corrects the connection issue over time.. I know as others have said it has been some time. Issue is that if problem isn't able to be duplicated it is hard to find and fix an issue.
Be Safe.
jholm2024

Post by jholm2024 »

And just like that - a month later.... it magically works :o
jholm2024

Post by jholm2024 »

It worked for 3 hours - down again....
JustMeToo

Post by JustMeToo »

Hi, we are unable to connect from outside our local wifi since weeks, I as trying to get the technician out, they have no idea either. Were you able to fix it? It just didn't work one day and for us, so far - it didn't come back. They want to sell new routers, new network, lots of other ideas, but so far still not sure what the cause is? If it would be ATT, that would be great news - but is there more info on it?
diver7100

Post by diver7100 »

Greetings,
Thank you for allowing me to join Amcrest forum.
Same issue as report by Jholm2024.

Believing incorrectly that the problem was my fault, I spent hours and hours troubleshooting via "try this, try that"

Meanwhile, another camera manufacturer's cameras worked perfectly P2P to cell tower.

Until summer 2023 all 9 of my various Amcrest IP cams worked properly via Amcrest View iphone to cell tower. In August or September 2023, ONVIF P2P failed to work to cell tower.

From August thru at least December, No Go, P2P to cell tower.

AT&T Uverse - Fail
Tried via Verizon/Comcast - Fail

Blaming AT&T does not fix the problem.
I'm just a lowly customer, and the probability that I can persuade AT&T to get involved to fix the probem is nil.
Odds are low that it's AT&T's fault, given that non-Amcrest cameras function normally via P2P to cell tower.

Upon testing it again Mar 1, 2024, it works. I had made no changes.
P2P works now; for how long, unknown.

If the problem is with Amcrest's P2P servers, and it gets fixed, I take my hat off to you and thank you.

If the problem is with AT&T-Amcrest compatibility (or whatever) then the Amcrest CEO and AT&T CEO need to meet and arrive at a mutual fix.

Again, it's working now. I hope it stays operational, as I plan future camera purchases.

Thanks much.