Unable to connect to IP2M-841B with "Failed to connect"

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
ejyarrow

Unable to connect to IP2M-841B with "Failed to connect"

Post by ejyarrow »

Starting last Tuesday all attempts to access my camera via any IOS app (multiple devices) has been unsuccessful. I now get a "failed to connect" message. I have tried

1) resetting the camera
2) removing and re-installing the apps (tried Amcrest View Lite and Pro)

I can access the camera inside my wifi using the web access and via a "generic" IP camera app which can get through to the camera from outside my wifi (via my router using no-ip and port forwarding).

I am stumped, especially since it worked initially and then stopped across multiple devices at the same time.

thanks
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Unable to connect to IP2M-841B with "Failed to connect"

Post by Melvin »

Hello ejyarrow ,

Did you Iphone recently had an IOS update? If you are familiar with port forwarding add it with your public and TCp port instead of P2p and see if it works.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

ejyarrow

Post by ejyarrow »

There may have been a recent ios update to 9.3.4 but that should be no reason, unless there is a bug in your app for the camera to not respond. I am familiar with port forwarding and can get access to the camera via other IP camera apps from outside my wifi using my forwarded ports but that option doesn't even work in the app.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello,

You can add the camera using the IP/Domain method in the app and use the TCP port and your public ip address or ddns address. it should work that way on the Amcrest view Pro app.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Tyronomo

Post by Tyronomo »

I am having this exact same problem and have tried so many things to troubleshoot it with no solution found. I have had my camera for nearly a year and have used it problem free for 10 of the last 11 months.

Some things I've tried are:

Connected camera on an entirely different wifi network and tested it.

Reset all settings on camera, uninstalled and reinstalled apps on iPhones/ipads/desktop.

Reconfigured setting on camera for lower frame rate/res.

Port forwarding.

Deleted microSD as well as tried it without the SD card.

Added camera by means of wifi/Ethernet/ip config.

Checked firmware and apps for available updates.

Nothing works and I am about at the end of my rope here and am debating returning the camera entirely.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello Tyronomo,

So looks like you have already tried everything possible to fix it. We would like to look into this further for you. Could you please contact our support team on phone?

https://amcrest.com/contacts

jzpchen

Post by jzpchen »

Tyronomo, did you get a solution from the support? I have the same issue. I have cloud and web/pc access fine. My Amcrest Pro IOS app has failed connection problem often. Yesterday, I tried to finally take a close look as the cloud UI told me a new firmware for the camera. In fact, I got it working once but then however what I do I cannot get it working again. Here are some of activities:

1. Failed connection earlier in the day.
2. Upgrade IOS 10.
3. Failed connection still.
4. Using web UI, I upgraded the firmware.
5. Delete the device and readd worked. I can see live video. It worked! Something new there, I see channel 1 under my device name. That's new.
6. Then it stopped working in a few minutes.
7. Tried add again. Didn't work.
8. Tried using local ethernet. Didn't work.
9. Deleted app and reinstall. Didn't work.
10. I did have the device admin password changed. I wondered if the upgrade has somehow restored the password back to admin. It didn't work.
11. Did wireless add. Did ethernet add. A few more times reinstall app. Didn't work.

I noticed something:

Although I can see the device in the Device Manager, I do not see the device when in Live View and click the device icon on the top right: the device list has Favorite group and Device but when clicking Device it shows nothing. Since there is not device, I can understand why failed connection. That's why I did a few times app reinstall to get a clean slate.
jzpchen

Post by jzpchen »

I just saw a new app update today. It is working now! Thanks!
dlinsen1

Post by dlinsen1 »

The same thing here - tried everything over the past several hours and nothing has got my phones working again, can only view live video using computer. For the love of god can someone please address this issue. this post has over 1500 views for good reason. PLEASE POST THE SOLUTION
PeterS

Post by PeterS »

I am having the same issue currently. The Amcrest View Pro app on Android was working fine yesterday and early this morning. Now when I try opening live view it fails. I tried deleting the camera from device manager as well as emptying the cache and deleting the data and reinstalling the app but none has helped. I always get a failed connection message. I can see the camera fine using the web browser however and if I add camera to the android app using IP instead of P2P and use my local 192.168.x.x IP address I can see a live view as long as I am on Wifi of course. My father who also has couple cameras at his home and office tried the same, but his is failing as well. Could it be that there is a server outage of some sort at Amcrest or other DNS vendor of sorts? The cameras we are using are the IP3M-956EB and IP2M-841B.